» Returning Help
by Zenke Yesterday at 8:40 am

» A tiptoeing expedition
by Ryokoshky Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 am

» Caerulean Collision
by Ryokoshky Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:07 am

» The Girl and The Warrior(Ryo)
by Ryokoshky Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:24 am

» The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)
by Jun Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:57 pm

» Creating Trouble to Solve Trouble
by Jun Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:36 am

» Wanderers' Paths Cross
by Zenke Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:54 pm

» Lessons (Open)
by Orgoth Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:12 am

» Are you Shor about this? (Zenke)
by Zenke Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:05 am

Affiliates
free forum

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

Go down

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun) Empty The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

Post by Zenke on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:47 am

It took her almost all night to catch up to Aline's captors. They had somehow fled from the city with more ease than she'd expected, and by the time she'd reached the road out, they had a long lead. Not only that, but not 300ft from the gates she was ambushed by a gang of the bastards. She'd tore through them with vicious abandon, not caring how many landed a blow on her. She left no one alive, though she hadn't stopped to make sure of that. She ran all night without stopping. They had taken a strange route away from the city, following the river that ran through Edaria up towards Zendar, and it was near the lake that she eventually found the abandoned cart. By the tracks on the ground, they'd traded it in for a different vehicle, and continued on.

It didn't take long to catch them after that, near a rise overlooking the rushing river, a high drop down into the water below. They'd put her in a prison wagon. Bethany didn't stop to think about how to approach the assault, she simply engaged, swords swinging and fire blazing. She was a living fury, killing men left right and centre. Even so they faught back, hitting her with clubs and other blunt weapons, but her onslaught was to much, and soon silence fell. She stood in the clearing breathing heavily, hurting all over. Bethany rushed towards the prison wagon and ripped off the lock, pulling the door open. She was met with a boot to the face, and was sent sprawling backwards. She looked up to see the human from the house, as he stepped out of the wagon and dropped to he soft earth, grinning. He looked around. "Shit you made a mess." He said. "I figured you would catch up to us. Did you really think it would be that easy?" Bethany growled and got to her feet. "Where is she?! If you've-" Bethany started but he snapped back. "Oi, shut up. She's not hurt. Not that it matters to you. You think you can just fight your way through me and catch her right? Well, lets find out."

Drawing a sword and dashing fowards he slashed at her in a single fluid motion. Bethany blocked his strike and thrust with her other weapon. The blade passed through him and his image suddenly blurred. She barely seen him out of the corner of her eye as the one before her vanished and he slashed open her arm. She staggered back and his sword flashed, lacing her with several more cuts. She growled and took a deep breath, her throat glowing. "Arilia, now!" He shouted, and a ball of water hit her in the face out of nowhere. She lost her footing and fell backwards, recovering by going into a roll. She looked for the source of he attack but didn't find it before the man resumed his onslaught. Bethany was forced into fighting defensively, until seeing an opening, her hand burst into flames and she lobbed a ball of fire at his face. A tenticle of water burst from the ground and slapped the ball of fire, causing an explosion of steam.

Bethany backed off away from the obscuring cloud, and her opponant stepped through. "Your famous in Karcenak. Well, infamous really. Who knew you'd so easily be stopped by a little water." He said. "I don't get the big deal mind you." He grinned. "Fuck you.." She growled and made to charge forward. Water surged up around her legs, and a beam of frost shot from gloom, freezing it solid. As Bethany began to struggle more tenicles surged up, and wrapped around her wrists. From the slowly receeding darkness an undari walked forward. The human glanced at the undari. "Kill her." He commanded. The undari looked unsure, and glanced at Bethery. She seemed to have an war raging within herself, however she reached out a hand and snatched a spear from a floating pool of water.  "I'm sorry." However, she hesitated as she raised the weapon, and shot another quick glance at the human. After a few more seconds, she sighed. "I can't do it..."

He shook his head and stepped forward, sword poised to strike the head from Bethany's shoulders, when suddenly water surged forward and shoved Bethany backwards, off the cliff and into the river below. The human glared at the Undari. "What the hell are you doing!" He snapped. The undari stared sheepishly at the ground. "I'm sorry... I changed my mind." Arilia said to the man. "She could have survived that fall." He sneered. "She'll most likely drown." Arilia replied calmly. He scoffed. "You better hope she does. Or hargrave will have your hide."

Bethany woke up with a jolt, her body going rigid as she assumed she was still falling. It was the last thing she remembered before she blacked out. A man with a curious frown stood knelt beside her. "You're awake. I assumed you were a gonner, with all that blood on you." He said. Bethany glanced around Wearily. "Where am I?" she croaked. "On a river bank." He said, giving her a humorless grin. "I seen you bobing along like a raft and fished you out of the water." He said. She groaned and started to stand. "Hold on now you need to rest." He said. "I'll give you a ride to town." He said. Bethany shook her head. "No I have to go after them." She mumbled. "After who? Your in no shape to be doing whatever it is your thinking. Not alone atleast."

Bethany managed to stand and lean against a tree. "I'm fine." She said, swaying. She knew he was right though. She'd wouldn't be able to save Aline in the state she was in. She needed help. "How far is it to Sunshield hold." She asked the man. "Uh, two day's travel I suppose. you'd make it in half a day with a good horse. I'm not-" He started. She looked at him. "How much for one of your horses." She asked. "Uh...twohundred gold?" He hesistated. She fished out a small purse and tossed it to him. "I need a saddle too. Quickly." He stared at the purse, then jumped into action.

It was growing late, when a lone figure on a horse came thundering up to the sunshield hold. Bob watched with apprehension as the rider speed towards him. He wondered if this was the moment he would pay for joining that silly mercenary band, to be cut down by an unknown rider. However his fears were not realised, as the horse stopped suddenly a few feet from him. He looked up into the face of a dark skinned woman with one eye, a pair of swords hanging from her belt. He swore he'd seen her before, but didn't have much time to dwell on that either as she suddenly toppled from the horse. He tried to step back, but the now unconcious woman slammed into Bob, and brought him crashing to the ground too.

Marie Elenesta, Head Healer of Sunshield Hold's medical facilities had been half asleep when two people were rushed into the building. One was an unconcious soldier who'd taken a knock to the head when the other, a badly beaten young woman toppled from her horse and landed on him. Marie got straight to work seeing to the woman, who she assumed was out for the count. However the woman suddenly woke her, face full of fear and confusion, and caught Marie's wrist. When she realised she was in no danger, she let Marie go. "I need to see Kairi Thorne." She said, trying to stand. However she quickly passed out again. Marie looked at a young assistant. "You better go fetch Miss Kairi. And be quick about it." Marie ordered. Then she got back to work.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 950

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun) Empty Re: The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

Post by Orgoth on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:00 am

In the training area of Sunshield Hold, a session was very much in progress. A group of young recruits was being instructed on combat with a sword. They cut and thrust the warm air as they worked on conditioning their bodies to better handle the weight of a weapon in battle. To this end, each recruit wielded a training sword that had been altered to weigh twice as much as a standard steel equivalent. Their teacher imposed the same condition on herself also, though it impacted her less due to her already impressive physical strength. Kairi Thorne's instructions floated through the air as the recruits took up their positions for a final time. "Okay folks, run it again. Then we'll call it a day."

The class of recruits filed out slowly, some of them rubbing sore shoulders and elbows. Kairi smiled and turned away to replace her own weapon on a nearby rack. Another day done. The recruits had some promise, but a lot of work lay ahead for them. Kairi sighed and wiped sweat from her brow as she made her way to her quarters to wash. When she was finished, Kairi exited her quarters and headed down to get something to eat before her next class. She made it halfway before she was intercepted by a panicked-looking young man. "Miss Thorne! Excuse me!" The man stumbled to a halt in front of her, and she grabbed him as he nearly toppled over, out of breath.

"Woah there. What's your hurry?" The young man regained his bearings and delivered his message. "Miss Thorne, Doctor Elenesta needs you at once." Kairi looked at the man with a look of concern. "Walk with me." Kairi began jogging hurriedly towards the medical wing, with the messenger in tow. "Is everything alright? Marie doesn't usually need help unless something big has gone wrong." The man looked at her. "A badly wounded woman was brought in moments ago. Doctor Elenesta is patching her up, but the patient has requested you by name, and she sounded quite adamant."

They entered the medical wing, and Kairi saw Marie Elenesta gesturing to her to hurry. Kairi approached swiftly, rounding the cloth partition to see blood and a face she recognized. "I'm sorry I came as quickly as I could... Bethany?" Kairi moved to the side of the bed and looked the Asentari in the eye. "What happened? Tell me everything."

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Miral Nerys A-5 Eldross
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 2850

Back to top Go down

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun) Empty Re: The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

Post by Jun on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:46 am

Rex had gotten a late start on the pursuit. An extremely late start. He'd changed quickly into his dark clothes, and left his things in the mansion. No need risk losing it at the inn when he didn't show back up. He followed much the same path as Bethany had, and had seen the destruction she wrought. She was always a vicious fighter, almost akin to a certain red head he knew, but this was worse...she was pissed off to high heaven.

Nonetheless, he continued on. He was hours behind. He found the abandoned carriage. And followed the new tracks. The way they were going confused him. Wouldn't they have went more north, northeast? Or even arranged a ship? Would that not have been easier if they planned on using her as a slave and for huge profit? Or they might just ransom her off...like that would go over well. No matter the case, Rex needed to get her back. Or someone, not necessarily him. The political ramifications of this would be felt by everyone, but most of all Mondolin and Edia.

When he reached a lake, he became more cautious. More bodies everywhere. But no sign of anything. But more tracks leading towards Zendar. Did Bethany lose? There was a cliff...the blond looked over it. Nothing indicative that she fell off or was thrown off...and he didn't see a floating body. Forgive me Beth...

Rex followed the tracks. Sticking to the shadows and up in the tree tops, he found the wagon. A man and...something else entirely...he couldn't tell. Still, he kept a respectable distance, and kept his hood up. He wasn't going to just charge in like Beth likely did. He needed to be smart about this. When they exchanged Aline to someone more...easy to pick off, he could rescue her then. Or perhaps sooner. But he was going to bide his time...which he may or may not have.

~Cameo~

Nichol did the exercise with a four pound sword, along with others who were using a slightly heavier version. Since he was using a short sword, until he was perhaps older, he got off lucky to have a slightly lighter training weapon. Still, his shoulders were sore...he'd have rather'ed practiced his magic and crystal manipulation. Still, with some pats on the head, he went off to explore some more.

Only to find the medical wing, and poked his head in. To see a very tanned woman talking to Kiari. Well, whatever...he'd just keep on walkin...

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. A-5
Jun
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources
Resources: 1050

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:57 am

Bethany had regained conciousness, and found herself lying in a bed. Bloody clothes were gone, and a young woman stood over her, hands moving over her body. She gave the woman an appreciative look, and grinned. "You know, if you wanted to feel me up you could have just waited till I was concious." She said with a grin. The woman shot her a look, and then shushed her. "I'm healing you. Stop talking, I need to concentrate." She was telling the truth, it turned out. As her hands moved, Bethany felt the pain receed. Bruises were eased and cuts sealed. The woman's gaze travelled to her face and she scowled. "That should have been seen to when it happened." She said. "I only need one eye to admire you're beauty." Bethany replied and the woman scoffed.

Bethany heard footsteps approaching the door. She heard Kairi before she seen her, speaking to the healer, Marie, as she rounded the curtain. She was shocked to see Bethany. "Surprise." Bethany said. Kairi asked her what had happened, but before she could answer, Marie spoke. "She showed up outside the gate bruised and cut up. Allot of blood on her clothes, but by the looks of things only a small portion of its heres." The healer said with pursed lips. "If it makes you feel better, they were very bad men." She said. The healer scowled. "Your friend seems to be in good spirits now. I will leave you two to talk." She turned and left. Bethany watched her go. "She's nice. Hey, got any wiskey? I'm starting to sober up and I don't like the feeling." She said, but then her face became serious as she pushed herself into a sitting position, pulling the light sheet that covered her up around herself.

"Aline Drexara's been kidnapped by the Red Fang." Bethany said. She frowned. "I need your help to save her. Whoever took her has an Undari and some snot of a human on their payroll, and I can't beat them alone. Not to mention it was likely the Red Fang. They tried to conquer Edaria before, a long time ago. They must want to use Aline to sieze control of the city. " She said. She realised she'd never actually told Kairi about Aline and herself. "I know you met Aline during the contact war. You must know she's a good person. If thats not enough, then I suppose you should also know that we were, well, together along time ago. She means allot to me. I can't let anything happen to her."

Arilia sat on the seat of the prison wagon beside Kaziel as the carriage trundled along down the road. The wagon was empty, and now they were just laying a false trail for anyone else who happened to notice the leader of Edaria's disappearance and tried to follow and save her. She gave Kaziel an assessing look, wondering how he'd known that Asentari would follow them so fervently. He'd seemed to know of her. Arilia wasn't sure who she was at all. She secretly just hoped the woman had survived the river. And for both of their sakes, that she wasn't crazy enough to follow them.

Kaziel noticed her gaze and sneered at her. "What are you looking at fish face." He said. Arilia looked away. "Nothing." She muttered. "Well, I don't mean to alarm you, but we just kidnapped a high profile target. Changes are someone could still be following us. So keep your eye's peeled and do your job." He snapped. "And I better not see that Asentari bitch ever again." He grumbled. "There's no way she survived that fall. I'm pretty sure Undari are the only beings who don't drown when submerged in water for long periods of time." She said snarkily. "Keep it up and I'll kill you and tell Hargrave the Asentari drowned you in your own blood. Your not the only one with fancy powers. Or haven't you figured out that Hargrave likes to collect special pets? Now shut up."

Last edited by Zenke on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:09 am

Marie explained how Bethany arrived, but Kairi was more interested to know what had happened leading up to that. Kairi nodded and Marie excused herself to let them talk. Bethany opened up with her usual banter, but Kairi's expression did not change from its focused seriousness. "What happened?" The Asentari then sobered up, raised herself to a sitting position, and told her story. Kairi's expression changed to one of deep concern.

"That's brazen, even for the Red Fang. The Nyberrite Alliance must have seen an opportunity to make a move. It's unlikely the Fangs acted of their own accord." Then Bethany said something that surprised Kairi even more. "An Undari? Really? That's unexpected." Bethany then explained how they had tried to take over Edaria before, but failed. Kairi frowned. "They are controlled by the Alliance now, which makes it even stranger."

Bethany then explained that she and Aline had once been in a relationship. Kairi nodded, slightly surprised. "Okay, I didn't expect that. But even so, Aline's importance to the political stability in the area cannot be underestimated. If the Red Fang or the Alliance gain control of Edaria, it will mean trouble for the entire region. I do remember her from the First Contact conflict. If not for her level head and diplomatic skills, things might have escalated." Kairi sat down in a chair beside Bethany's bed, and stared at her with pure focus and determination. "Tell me where to go and what we're facing."

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Miral Nerys A-5 Eldross
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 am

Rex stayed on them. But the direction still confused him. Unless...it was possible that they already handed her off. Taking off his sword, he'd mark in Draconic Bethany on a tree and make an arrow. To hopefully allow her to catch up. He didn't dawdle in that, and every so often, made the same mark. He was still able to catch up and stay on them, though still keep a respectable distance.

If they did already hand her off, and this was just a distraction, then they needed to keep those two people alive and find out exactly where they took her. He kept behind them, though when the opportunity arose, he'd move to the side where the bars and door was. He needed to find out if this was just a distraction or they had something else planned. Still, he didn't make a move yet, and kept a safe distance away from the duo. So far they hadn't made it known that he got spotted.

Waiting till night might just be his best option to find out. These two seemed too wary right now...

Jun
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:56 am

Bethany nodded. "I don't think they were simply trying to take over before, either. The Nyberite alliance and the Ardorian Conclave have been trying to get control of Edaria for years. I have some surprising stories about the Conclave, but that can wait." She said. "But anyway, your probably right. They didn't do this alone. But I've never encountered Red Fang that well prepared. Most used clubs and maces. They came prepared to deal with Asentari. Never mind the fact they had an Undari, who was well capable of using her powers, and managed to slip in and out of the city unnoticed."

Bethany nodded. "Edaria is the most defensible city in the freelands. They could turn it into a fortress, giving them control of the east undine. It's all they'd need to tip the scales towards wiping out the Conclave, and probably the Sunlight Warriors. If mondolin or Edia move's to intervene, the other could see it as a threat and attack. If the Eldari move in, the heanta attack..." Bethany sighed. "It's starting to look worse." She said.

Kairi sat on the end of her bed and stared her directly in the eyes, and asked her where to go, and what she would face. "First of all, if you think for a second I'm not going with you then you must be out of your mind, or you've forgotten just how stubborn I am. I'm no milksop, remember." She said, the last part with a smile. "As for threats. The human is skilled with a blade, he didn't demonstrate any powers, but He didn't need any to deal with me by the time I'd gotten there. The undari was... Strange, to say the least. I don't think she's a willing accomplice. She did shove me off a cliff, but only when she realised her friend was about to cut my head off. But we still need to proceed with caution." Bethany moved to the edge of her bed. She winced in pain, but ignored it and started to stand.

Once upright she dropped the sheets and looked at Kairi. "I'm going to need clothes. And that bottle of whiskey. I wasn't joking about that." She said, with all seriousness in her face. She wobbled slightly, and nearly ended up sitting back down. A wise person would atleast rest for a few hours after the beating she'd taken. They didn't have time to waste, so she would get drunk instead. "We'll need horses. The wagon was headed towards Zendar, but they didn't have Aline. Still, those two are our only leads right now, so my only suggestion is going back to the river and trying to pick up their trail. It took me all day to get here."

As the day became brighter, Arilia's eyes slowly began to hurt. She'd always suffered from light sensitivity, but made up for it with keen sight in the dark. She didn't say anything to Kaziel, as he would simply use it to mock her, but it made her job that much harder. Still, she was relieved when Kaziel stopped the wagon. They were an hour from Zendar now, and would probably be diverting soon. Kaziel gave her a sneer. "I'm going to take a piss. Mind the wagon." He said. She watched him walk off into the woods and sighed. "Prick." She muttered. She closed her eyes and listened for his return.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:18 am

Bethany prefaced her briefing by making it clear that Kairi wasn't going alone, that she would accompany the Human. Kairi nodded, a small smile creeping across her features. "I know. I expected nothing less." The Asentari told Kairi what she knew about the enemies she had faced already. A skilled Human, and a seemingly reluctant Undari accomplice. Kairi understood Bethany's caution. The Asentari slowly shifted to the edge of the bed, rising with a wince before dropping the sheets that covered her body and requesting clothes and the bottle of whiskey. Kairi chuckled, keeping her eyes locked on Bethany's. "Why don't you sit back down, and I'll see what I can do."

A half hour later, they were back on the road. Their steeds cut across the steppe handily, and it wasn't long before they made the river and looked around. The wagon's tracks were easy to spot. "It seems you were right. They are heading for Zendar." Kairi looked in the direction of the tracks. "It's a bit strange though. Zendar has never really been a place that attracts attention of this kind. Although I haven't been back since we met Vala and the others before Yoniva..." Kairi shrugged and continued on with Bethany. "Well, like you said, it's all we have."

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Miral Nerys A-5 Eldross
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:57 pm

The two stopped, and the man left. Probably to relieve himself. Well, this was perfect. He can check the inside of that cart then. She seemed awfully relaxed. But probably listening in. As silently as he could, he snuck up from behind the wagon, to the left. His scythe was collapsed on his waist, within easy reach, but his sword was his quick draw.

He continued to be careful and looked inside. Nothing but supplies. Great. Hopefully she hadn't detected him yet. Getting close enough, he drew his sword and held it at her throat, close enough draw just a little bit of blood. "You have the count of three to tell me where Aline is." Unless he started to hear what he wanted to know, he would count down. And wouldn't respond to anything else. The threat was hopefully obvious. Even if he had to kill her, there was the human. Something that he knew how to torture to get information. He didn't know what she was.

Though his hood was up, at this range, should could see his face, and could probably even guess his hair color. But probably not see his eyes well enough to tell that he was an Asentari.

Jun
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum