Latest topics
» Mistaken Destinations! (zenke, Orgoth)
by Orgoth Yesterday at 7:40 am

» Sparring match with Fear
by Zenke Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

» A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)
by Orgoth Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am

» Eldris Ellarian (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am

» Strange Lands (Orgoth)
by Jun Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 am

» Pathways (Parius)
by Orgoth Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 am

» Current Political Situation on Asmir Ka'Lesa
by Orgoth Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 am

» Hunters (parius)
by Parius Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 pm

» Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces
by Zenke Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Affiliates
free forum

A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)

Go down

A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)

Post by Orgoth on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:24 am

It was a fine day. That's all there was to it. A woman in a flowing white cloak sat at a table in front of a small food outlet on the edge of the Amaranth Square, a famous location for the arts. She was sipping tea as she watched the workers assemble the stalls and stages for the art exhibition that would be happening soon. Kairi Thorne knew a fine day needed to be exploited, so she had bid goodbye to her uncle at his home in the residential district and headed to the square for a short relaxation period, at least before she had to return to Sunshield Hold. A gentle breeze fluttered through her cloak as the first exhibits began to emerge into view. Paintings and sculptures of various sizes, shapes and colors began to fill the square, and the crowd was growing larger by the minute.

Kairi soon found herself exploring the area once the assembling was complete. The paintings were both extravagant and varied, and Kairi found herself getting lost in some of them. She eventually found her way to one particular painting that her uncle had recommended to her when she got to the exhibition. It was done by a renowned artist in the city, Olivia Bennett. She had moved to the city from the capital some years ago, and had established a reputation very quickly for her vivid imagery and creative techniques. Kairi squinted at the painting, trying to visualize the process that went into it. She gave up quickly though, as the work was simply too advanced for her. She instead chose to appreciate it as it was, a masterful painting by a masterful artist. The image was of the Verdant Plains at sunset, with Verdant Stallions populating the area. The detail on the horses in particular was second to none. Her thoughts got lost in the sunset and she was soon staring absently at it as her imagination took her into the painting.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 2000

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)

Post by Zenke on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:48 am

The sun hung high over Mith Verdanus, casting radiant heat down into the city. It was a pleasent warmth for the time of year, not scorchingly hot. The breeze was light, carrying a small chill across Lilian's bare shoulders. Brown hair cascaded down around the 5'8" girls neck and shoulders, and her blue eyes glinted in the sun. Her skin was a radiant golden, sun kissed and smooth, except where the scar tissue met the metal of left arm. Her loose white top was sinched at the waist and she wore a long black skirt and sturdy leather boots. Regardless of her garb, good boots couldn't be beaten.

Lilian was wondering through the Amaranth Square, admiring the paintings on display. Olivia had invited her to the exebition, and Lilian had made sure she got the time off duty for the trip. Her cousin was over talking techniques with several fellow artists, and Lilian had wondered away shortly after to explore.  More than a few people stopped to admire Lilian's arm, the intricate design art all of its own. Liliian met their gazes with a soft smile, and continued. She looked at the images as she wondered close to her cousin's stalls, and as she got closer she notice a woman standing there, admiring the sunset over the verdant plains. Lilian started to turn away to inform Olivia of a potential customer when she recognized the woman as Kairi, and instead  Lilian walked over, a bright smile on her face.

"Kairi!" Lilian said waving as she approached. "Its good to see you!" Lilian said without an ounce of hesitation. "Its been too long, how have you been?" She asked the woman, hoping that she hadn't forgotten Lilian.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Kairi was sailing over the plains and towards the sunset, when she was stirred from her reverie by a familiar voice. She turned to see Lilian Toral approaching her with a friendly wave. Kairi beamed at her. She had not seen the young girl in at least a couple of years. They had met then in the very city they were meeting now, and Lilian definitely had changed in the time since. Back then, the young Toral girl was despondent and miserable, having been released from active service with the Knights of Mondolin due to a severe injury she had sustained out in the field. Kairi had met the girl by chance, and they spoke at length about the future. Kairi had managed to convince her that she could still contribute, even if she had to make a new path. Lilian had thanked her and left, and the girl stood in front of Kairi was confident, happy and, most strikingly, no longer devoid of her left arm.

"Lilian? I don't believe it." Kairi embraced Lilian in a warm hug before appraising the girl's appearance. "Wow, it's been what, 2 years? How are you? You look amazing." Kairi's gaze fixed on the new appendage that took the place of Lilian's lost left arm. "Where did you get this? It's truly remarkable." Kairi eyed it in admiration. The arm was truly a marvel of engineering.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 am

Kairi hugged Lilian and the girl hugged back, overjoyed by the reunion. Though she'd only met Kairi once, she had hoped to meet her again, though she'd been so busy for the last two years she'd barely had a moment to herself. "I'm great, better than great really." She told Kairi, who stepped back to look her over and admire her arm. Lilian flexed the hand and smiled. "You are looking at the third iteration of the world's first enchanted limb, designed, built and enchanted by my brother Lucas and myself. I did the enchantment." She said with a smile. "It came to me when you told me to make my own oppertunities, though I doubt you meant for me to literally make an arm, but still. Your words helped me more than you may ever realise." Lilian said. "I returned to my position in the knights thanks to this."

"She's a full knight of mondolin now." Her cousin Olivia suddenly said, having wondered over to her stalls. "Olivia, this is Kairi Thorne." She said, and Olivia gave Kairi a smile. "Oh so its you we have to thank for restoring Lilian's faith in herself, and saving my mother from dealing with two stroppy teens." She said smiling. "I was not stroppy." Lilian said, pouting. "Fine, fine." Olivia said. "Regardless, on behalf of the Family I thank you." Olivia said, picking up the painting Kairi had been admiring. "I want you to have this. I can tell it speaks to you."

Olivia handed the painting to Kairi, not taking no for an answer, before bidding them both fairwell and strolling off to meet talk to a potential Patrol. Lilian smiled after her cousin before turning to Kairi. "Would you like to go get a coffee?" Lilian asked her.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:00 am

Kairi listened intently as Lilian explained what had happened and how she got the arm. Kairi's jaw dropped in shock when she mentioned that her brother had constructed the arm and Lilian herself had enchanted it. "Wait, isn't your brother younger than you? That's incredible." Kairi observed the joints and movement as Lilian flexed her hand while she spoke. She explained why she came to the decision to make a new arm. Kairi was taken aback a little, but she understood quickly how her words had been interpreted at their last meeting. She smiled again.

"I see. Well, it definitely is a way to create a new opportunity. Good point." Lilian mentioned that she had been reinstated to active duty with the Knights of Mondolin. Kairi put her hand on Lilian's right shoulder and grinned. "Ah, congratulations Lilian. You deserve it." They were soon joined by Olivia Bennett, the author of the painting Kairi had been admiring. She introduced Kairi to her, and Olivia thanked her on behalf of her family for helping Lilian. She then took the painting from its mount and gave it to Kairi, to which Kairi became suddenly flustered. "Really? I mean, I'm honored but... thank you."

Olivia then excused herself, and Lilian suggested getting coffee somewhere. Kairi nodded and gestured to a cafe that overlooked the square. "I'd love to." They entered the cafe and Kairi paid for whatever Lilian ordered, along with a chamomile tea for herself. They were lucky enough to get a seat on the balcony, where they could see the square in all its colorful beauty. Kairi regarded Lilian fondly. "So, how are you related to Olivia?" She took a sip of tea. "And what else have you been doing since I saw you last? Knight-work must be keeping you very busy I'd imagine."

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:21 am

Lilian ordered a coffee and sat across from Kairi in the balcony. Kairi asked her how she was related to Olivia, and she began to explain. "Olivia's one of my many cousins. We're pretty close in age so we grew up together in mith verdanus before she moved here. After my mother died, we grew close. I spent allot of time with her and Aunt Isabelle. As much as I love my father he wasn't always able to help me the way they could."

Kairi then asked her what she was doing lately, to which she replied, "I've spent allot of time training. My blademaster insists I need to get better with a sword, because crossbows won't always do the job or stop a blade. I like to point out I have a metal arm that can turn away divinium weapons, but he usually reminds me that my lack of skill with a blade probably cost me that arm. I'm also trying to decide what squad I want to Join. My speed would suit the intelligence corp, but my mother was Offense corp and I joined to follow in her footsteps." Lilian spoke enthusiastically, and also very quickly.

When she finished, she frowned and looked at Kairi. "Sorry I'm rattling on so much. I do forget, I never really asked you about yourself before. How did you end up with the order of the sun? What have you been up to lately? Any adventures, drama, excitement?! Love?" She asked the last one with a wink and a cheeky smile.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am

Kairi listened earnestly as Lilian explained that Olivia was one of her cousins. She went on to explain how she grew up very close to her aunt and cousin after Lilian's mother passed, due to the fact that her father wasn't able to help as much as he wanted to. Kairi nodded in understanding. "I see. Well it's good that you could get that support somewhere. Your father was probably trying to get himself through it as well, while looking after you and your brother. It couldn't have been easy for any of you."

When Kairi asked about what Lilian had been doing with herself since they last spoke, the younger woman launched into a stream of information. She mentioned that she had been advised to take more sword training to complement her crossbow skill. Lilian mentioned her arm as a defensive option, but Kairi more or less agreed with the blade-master. "He does kind of have a point. You'll have no problem turning a blade away, as you say, but it might be beneficial to be able to follow it up with something, once you've got the opportunity." Kairi took another sip of tea. "I'm at your disposal if I'm in the neighborhood and you want a bit of extra training or even just a sparring partner."

Lilian frowned a bit and apologized for rambling. Kairi smiled and shook her head. "You don't need to apologize. I'm just glad you're happy and doing well." Lilian then asked about Kairi, and they were questions she pretty much expected. Kairi smiled. "Well, that's a story in itself, I suppose. I was rescued when I was 19 from a slave camp just outside Karem. The people who raided the camp were from the Order, and they brought me and the other slaves to Sunshield Hold, where we were fed and looked after until we were well enough to travel."

Kairi took another sip of tea before continuing, her expression turning pensive, as if considering how far to go with her story. "Most of them went back to Mondolin, but I had no family to return though, so I was allowed to stay at the Hold. The woman who led the party that rescued us took me in and let me live in her house. She treated me as a daughter and helped me adjust." Kairi seemed to make a decision in her head. That would do for now. If Lilian asked, Kairi would explain more about her past, but for now she decided that what she said already would suffice. She turned her attention to the other queries, namely about recent adventures and a cheeky inquest about her love life. Kairi brightened considerably.

"I've been a bit too busy for love I'm afraid. I guess you could say I love my work too much." Kairi chuckled and gazed out over the balcony at the exhibition. The auction had happened and the square was mostly cleared. She ran a hand through her black hair as a soft and pleasant breeze passed by them. "I've actually been mostly training as well. I've had a few run-ins with the mercenary groups down in the Free Lands. Mostly Dying Suns. I've made a few friends down there too though, and we recently took down a major player for the Suns, Thassa Blackheart. I was part of a group, and an eclectic one at that. I was the only Human. There was even an Eldari and a Heanta working together. They were actually best friends. It was remarkable." Kairi stopped and took another sip of tea, regarding Lilian with a polite smile.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down