Latest topics
» Mistaken Destinations! (zenke, Orgoth)
by Zenke Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:59 am

» Are you Shor about this? (Zenke)
by Zenke Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am

» Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces
by Zenke Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 am

» The Girl and The Warrior(Ryo)
by Zenke Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:28 pm

» Sparring match with Fear
by Ryokoshky Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:32 pm

» Caerulean Collision
by Zenke Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 am

» A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)
by Orgoth Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:45 am

» Wanderers' Paths Cross
by Zenke Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am

» Hunters (parius)
by Zenke Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:24 am

Affiliates
free forum

Sparring match with Fear

Go down

Sparring match with Fear

Post by Ryokoshky on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 am

It had been some time since Sig had found his way back into Kyrias, on top of that, even longer since he had found his way to the city atop the volcano, Av'eden. His travels across the land had brought him to a few places he had wished to see in his adolescents and none of them seemed to hold the same grandeur he held them too. The sight of the grand fortress though always brought a pang of guilt to his heart. He had turned his back on his homeland for so long, that he now came to know it as homesickness. The streets filled with slaves running about ordered by mere warriors to do the bidding of the elite. In no other city could he see such a finely oiled machine at work, and in no other city could he find the spectacle, or rush that he was about to seek. It didn't take him long to navigate his way through the streets avoiding begging slaves or the occasional Heanta that'd recognize him as an elite, though he kept on his way. Until he reached his destination, on the outside he knew the building well.

He took his time to sign himself up for a training battle, having the attendants in the arena send out a slave to find the man he wished to battle, Sig assumed the man would be in the town still, and while he waited he took his time to prepare himself. Slipping out of his nicer attire into a tan shirt, and dark blue sleeveless vest, putting on his more form fitting pants, along with his drak'na before waiting patiently to enter the arena. While waiting for the slave to return and report whether his challenger was in fact in town or not he took a seat among the stands to watch the battles unfold. The arena was rather spacious, allowing the combatants a wide area, approximately fifty feet to do battle. The walls had fallen and crumbled in some spots, re-erected with wooden walls in some places, and others with much sturdier stone walls. He was even impressed that the walls had been given some decent height, taking into mind that some contestants abilities would reach outside the walls and even roof of the open building. The two heanta fighting seemed poorly matched for each other, an emaciated heanta, from where he sat it looked as if one of his horns had been filed off with the other shattered horribly, yet he still attempted to stand with ground with a crudely made wooden spear. His opponent on the other hand, held every advantage, from armor to protect himself, to a finely made hammer he continued to bludgeon the poor slave. No one made a move to stop the man as he continued beating the other, even when it was obvious he had no plans of fighting back any longer. 

Sigdrifumal held his tongue, the bile in the back of his throat at the spectacle would only make things worse, and not for the slave. He didn't believe the slave deserved to die for this amusement, better suited as a cog in the machine, but he also did not know the circumstances for this battle. Once it had finished new stone walls had begun to be erected over the wooden portions, he assumed that meant either two skilled fighters were about to enter the arena, or that his mark had arrived.

Ryokoshky
Beginner
Beginner

Resources
Resources: 1500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sparring match with Fear

Post by Zenke on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:03 am

A dull day found the warlords bodyguard standing at the training arena, watching Saivene Marin training. The graceful Heanta lady dashed about the ring fluidly avoiding her oppontants strikes, while lashing back with that thorn of a weapon she called a Rapier. Korroth had no idea where she'd gotten such as fragile looking blade in Heanta lands, but she was admittedly good with it. Good enough that Korroth would enjoy fighting her. However considering he was expected to protect her on certain field missions, he figured it would be better to not humiliate her, lest she make his life hard. On the otherhand, he was bored, and he'd endured plenty of hardship to be tempted into it.

Which was why, when a slave showed up asking for him, he seemed almost happy to fallow the slave down to the training rings in the city. So happy infact that he didn't even think about killing the slave. Korroth entered the ring and glanced around the ring, looking for the fool who might dare challange him to a fight. A mistake they might well regret, if they turned out to be a disappointment. Looking around, a few heanta stood out to him, however the 7'8" heanta watching the ring stood out to him. His demon matrix was on full displace, the large crystals arranged in a rather strange manner. Korroth's was simple, and well hidden beneath his brestplate.

Korroth pulled the bardiche from his back and pointed it at the big man, who almost matched Korroth for height but not bulk, and spoke. "Did you call me here? If not, perhaps you will step into the ring anyway." He said, his voice booming and his red eyes blazing through the slits of his close helm.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 550

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryokoshky on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:06 pm

He watched the end of the fight occur. It was impressive from the other heanta, alas he couldn't give them much credit considering their opponent was a slave who had naught to protect themselves. When his mark had entered the arena he took note of it, not directly staring at the man though. When the fight had ended though he was greeted with what he'd considered a rather friendly response from the person he had chosen. "Did you call me here? If not, perhaps you will step into the ring anyway." 

The man jumped over the barrier protecting the audience from the combatants, "I was actually the one to call you here, and I'm rather impressed with how easily you spotted me. Though, it wasn't that difficult a task with just how filled the stands are." With that he threw out his hands and looked to the rather empty stands. "If you'd like to make my humiliation at your hands more public we can definitely fill the stands for a true heanta fight over a slave being slaughtered at the hands of another." He shrugged his way through the response regardless. He didn't mind how this fight ended besides both of them living, and one beaten and bloody. He slipped his hands into his Drak'nar and stepped towards the center of the arena.

"So Korroth Vex, I know your name, and your reputation as a ruthless hound. Alas, I doubt you know my name, and I little expect such a thing. If you wish to know my name though I'll let you be the one to determine it than to waste your time. Now come we've a fight to prepare for, and I'm definitely not one to disappoint." With that he held his left hand forward waiting for the man to place his sword against it before they'd start. However he was prepared to retreat immediately if the man rushed him. He was prepared for an entertaining fight against the fearsome hound of Roth Vandel. He wasn't overly worried of the bardiche's immediate power, just of it's reach over him.

Ryokoshky
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:39 am

Korroth hadn't realised he'd interupted a fight, however he noticed the slave being dragged from the ring, not an ounce of pity for the patethic creature. Atleast he'd tried to fight. However the warrior who had one was celebrating as if taking down a slave was such a feat. He looked over to the man who had challenged him and shrugged. "Lucky guess. I seen you and wanted to fight you." He said. The victor behind him was still creating a clamor as Korroth and his challenger spoke. The male asked about filling the stands for a proper fight and Korroth shrugged. "I'm not interested in who sees me beat you. But if you so desire and audience, then why not." He said. However, Sig's words were also heard by the heanta who had beaten the slave, and the angry male hopped into the ring to contront him. "What the hell did you say about my fight?" He growled.

Korroth looked directly at the male who was so proud of beating up a slave. "I think he's suggesting your weak." Korroth said, walking over to him. He loomed over him, but the heanta didn't seem to balk at Korroth's size. Or Sigs. "You take such great pride in defeating a lowly slave. You are a pathetic excuse for a heanta." Korroth said to the man. That seemed like the right thing to say, and the heanta lunged at him drawing his sword. Korroth caught the blade and ripped it from his grip, throwing it across the sand. Then he caught him by the throat in a steel vice grip, and lifted him off the ground. Korroth looked over to the challenger. "I hope you won't be as dissapointing." He said, as he slowly squeezed the life from the heanta. When he stopped thrashing, Korroth threw his body from the ring.

He looked at the slave who'd led him here. "Go gather a crowd." He said, and watched as the pathetic creature slipped away. Korroth turned his full attention to the challenger and approached. "Very few who know my reputation willingly challenge me. Either you are crazy, or your name is worth knowing." Korroth said, clashing the blade of the bardiche against the heanta's drakna. "I will take guess though. You're a member of Clan Rakoris." Korroth said, as he backed away. As soon as Korroth charged forward to attack, a powerful aura of fear began eminating from him, that would strike at the challengers mind. It lasted for two posts before fading away. Bardiche in a two handed grip, Korroth rushed forward and swept the blade up in a diagonal arc, aiming to slash the challenger across the chest. He let the momentum of the swing carry the heavy counter balance around and tried to smash it into the warriors leg.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryokoshky on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am

"I'm not interested in who sees me beat you. But if you so desire and audience, then why not." He smiled, "If you aren't interested then that works, we'll do as we please." His face turned from a normal cheerful smile to that of smug defiance when the other heanta grew defensive of his cowardly fight. When he watched the man get ripped to shreds by Korroth an inkling of fear built into his mind, watching him squeeze the life from the man's body he quickly came to terms with what the man was capable of.  "I hope you won't be as disappointing." His smile had previously faded when fear sunk into his mind, but those words alone re-invigorated him. He was prepared for this now, he had chosen this challenge and to back down now would only show and sow as much cowardice into himself and to Korroth.

"Very few who know my reputation willingly challenge me. Either you are crazy, or your name is worth knowing." then he felt the force of the man's weapon clash against his Drak'na, immediately he began to take steps backward along with Korroth, "I will take guess though. You're a member of Clan Rakoris." Before he could answer the man he felt that small inkling of fear began to shroud the entirety of his mind, he had heard few stories of the bystanders of Korroth's rage explain deep rooted feelings of fear, and he finally understood it was the man himself that caused it. While the fear gripped hard at his mind his own resolve to stand his ground built stronger in his mind, he was afraid of this man but not for his own reasons. Gritting his teeth, he ran at the man's charge, every muscle in his body even his mind screamed out at him to run the other way but he kept his eyes on the man's blade watching the diagonal arc he threw his right arm down to catch the initial upward swing with the drakna, and his left to protect his chest and face. His muscles felt the fear more than anything, and instead of allowing him to hold his ground he was pushed back by the mans blows. He was off balance to stop the counter balance from striking his leg, he dropped to his knee immediately, the burst of pain through his leg sent him into a rage. He let out a primal roar at Korroth, the bruising in his leg immediately bursting blood vessels in his leg. His regenerative abilities immediately began to go to work to stop the internal bleeding.

His boiling blood was beginning to activate, the adrenaline coursing through his body was beginning to feed off the fear, but his muscles weren't as willing to continue onward still. He was beginning to feel anger more than fear, this man he had chosen to challenge was going to be a treat. His body began to heat up, his muscles began to tense more, "Well Korroth Vex, I'm Sigdrifumal Braene, adopted into the Rakoris clan." He lifted himself from kneeling position lifting his arms upward before charging the man, he threw a punch for the mans helmed face with his right hand, aiming to get the blades tip into the helm's slit to throw the helmet off the man, before a small jump to spin his momentum to bring his left leg into the mans chest. Depending on his the man blocked his first blow and his second he'd attempt to grapple the man's arm that he used for the initial block.

Ryokoshky
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Korroth's armored head nodded. "Another who has risen from the ranks of mediocrity! Well then Sigdrifumel, let us test your strength!" Korroth replied as Sig pushed forward and attacked, punching his drakna towards Korroth's face. Korroth tilted his head slightly, allowing the blades to glance the blow off the side of his helmet, the impact still booming through his solid armor. Sig followed it up with a powerful kick to the chest that Korroth blocked with his right arm, bardiche gripped in it. Sig grabbed his arm, and Korroth attempted to grab Sig before he could twist into a grapple. If he succeeded he would lift the heanta and spin, attempting to throw him off. If Sig continued to hold on he would attempt to slam the man down into the packed sand of the arena floor.

After that, Korroth would back off slightly, giving them both a bit of space. Korroth had never faught a Rakoris before, but the idea that he had met someone to test his own unarmed skills against excited him slightly. Korroth tossed the Bardiche aside, knowing choice might prove to be ill advised, but the first opening bout of the battle had invigorated Korroth, and he wanted nothing more than to break this man with his fists. He still kept a hold of his longknife, the blade sheathed at his him. And then he charged, the massive warrior not quite glaring down on his opponant who stood only a tiny bit shorter than him.

Attempting to collide with Sig bodily to throw him back, he threw a punch for the man's head. He did not wear Drakna, however his steel gauntlets would do the job. His second punch went for the gut, and he followed it up by attempting to grab Sig by the shoulders and headbutt him. He could feel the slow heat building around Sig, and knew this was about to get allot more interesting.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryokoshky on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 am

As his blade skimmed across the side of the mans helm he came around, feeling his leg connect with the mans arm he curled his body inward to proceed with his grapple avoiding the bardiche in the man's hand as best as he could but as soon as he felt the momentum begin to shift he pushed off the man to give himself distance, and he noticed Korroth doing the same. "I won't so easily let you throw me aside." He lifted himself from his crouched pose when he saw him toss aside his weapon, a smile creeping across his face. A hand to hand fight was in his favor with his drak'na, but he'd have to find an opening in the mans armor to make full use of their blades. Each blow he took would carry more weight than a blow he could land on Korroth, he understood that. He'd had to play this one out carefully, but that wasn't why he had chosen to fight him. No he was excited that this man was embracing his way of fighting because it was going to give him the rush he wanted. The waves of heat rolling off his body had reached their peak intensity, and he knew now that in that armor of his Korroth would be sweating by the end of their fight.

When the man began to charge him he watched his motions, coiling his body back up as he prepared himself. As the mans body collided with him he let the momentum push him backwards ducking below the punch to his face he kept his arms level with his head and had to turn the flats of the drak'na away from his face to avoid stabbing himself as he rolled backwards from the punch meant for gut, as he quickly picked himself back up he noticed the headbutt coming and embraced the coming blow fully. As the man's arms gripped his shoulders his own face became covered in heat waves as their heads collided, an ornate fiery helm covering his head as the two butted. Immediately afterward he brought both arms up between the mans to push them aside before flat palm pushing the man away from him. 

The fiery display that had covered his face melded downward covering the rest of his currently unarmored body in shimmering heatwaves that melded in and out of view as flaming oriental armor before returning to the ethereal heat waves. After gaining the distance he took the initiative this time. Rushing the man he jumped, pivoting his feet to launch a kick to the man's chest once again, if he didn't grab his foot and simply blocked he'd use the rest of his forward momentum to jump once again pivoting his whole body to bring his other leg up to kick the man's helmed head in an attempt to ring the dinner bell. Landing on his hands and jumping away in a forward tumble before coming back up, left hand forward in a talon claw his right in a clenched open palm.

Ryokoshky
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

Their heads clashed together violently, Metal armor on spectral armor, and Sig moved his arms up between Korroths, broke free from his grasp and shoved him back. Korroth was surprised by Sig's strength, even though he didn't manage to push him far. It was enough for the other warrior to create distance. Sig suddenly rushed him again using his superior speed and jumped at him with a double kick that Korroth blocked with crossed arms. Sig followed up with a kick to the head that sent him staggering, his ears ringing from the blow. Korroth let out a low chuckle, a sound not many heanta were worthy enough to draw from him, before righting himself and moving into a run, throwing a right hook toward's Sig before he could escape.

Korroth was no martial artist, but he was brutally efficient at using his entire body to cause harm. He followed the punch up with the swing of his left arm out, trying to hook around Sig's neck, to deliver a gut crushing knee with his left leg. Hit or miss, he followed up with a dip of his head, dropping low and rising to drive his horns upwards into Sig's chest and neck in an attempted gore, a menovour he'd found useful in the past. Granted no one had ever succeeded in ringing his head like a bell before, not size he'd truely come into his power. Sig was no average heanta.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryokoshky on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 am

While he was still recovering from his offensive battery and the dull ache in his neck in head he caught a glimpse of the gauntleted fist colliding with his head, all his instincts told him not to fight the punch and he flew limp, tensing up only when his body connected with the ground he stood to notice the charging Korroth swing his left arm, ducking before it the fighter thought he had an opportunity to assault the man but was met with horns moving towards him to gore him, while he'd missed the hook his lunge made it difficult for sig to jump. In that spur of the moment he landed on the mans horns in a squatting position and with what balance he had pushed down and jumped again to clear the man, attempting at the same time to launch his horns into the ground before landing behind him, rubbing his jaw that ached now, and the renewed pounding ache in his head. 

"We've both got marvelous horns now Korroth, but that isn't a reason to gore one another across them. Though your own intestines would make a wonderful headpiece. All jest, your a fine warrior." With that he drew his Kukri and gave it an examination, it'd only work as long as Korroth continued to fight him hand to hand, he'd lose immediately if he started trying to block blows. He raised a brow to the other fighter, "No hold bars besides killing and dismemberment. Now that we've gotten through the warm up how about we both use what we've got. You don't need to fight me hand to hand anymore." He wasn't bluffing, he was ready to set into motion the end of this fight, whether it meant a severely painful evening with his father-law jarring him, his wife nagging him for his injuries, or him managing to get one over on Korroth, he was sure the blade of his Kukri couldnt last against that mans strength, but he was hoping to find a weakness in that armor. 

Ryokoshky
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 am

His first blow connected, and as he threw his second, the male dodged and lept over his attempted gore. He landed on Korroth and lept off, driving Korroth's massive charging form to the ground. Korroth pushed himself to his feet with a ferocious roar, as Sig began to talk. "I was raised a slave. My horns were clipped to stop me goring. I learned to break my enemies with the rest of my body, but I eventually found horns can be used to kill in a very satisfying manner. Ripping out a man's guts with my horns, and watching him scream as he tries to gather them back up is a pleasing sight. So you will have to forgive my attempt to skewer you." He said in reply, circling his prey. "Your Rakoris. Your body is a weapon, so you must understand this." He said. Sig drew a Kukri, and Korroth rolled his eyes. Weapons like that would have a tough time against his armor. He was better off with his Drakna, but let him try.

Korroth walked around and picked up his Bardiche, pointing the head towards Sig as he spoke. "I am not know for my for my ability to hold back. I am the Warlords hound. A beast of slaughter. Impress me, Sigdrifumel." He growled. "Its the only way you walk out of this ring alive." Korroth let out a roar and charged, a more restrained push forward than before. He ended the charge with an overhead swing of his mighty bardiche as it began to glow with energy, slamming it downwards at Sig. Short of splitting the man in half, which he didn't expect to happen, the weapon would slam into the ground and the energy would erupt from it in a powerful shockwave covering a 10ft area that would deal weak damage and possibly send Sig flying. Given his size and strength, that would only happen if he was already off balance.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryokoshky on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Such vicious tendencies didn't surprise him from such a man, with horns as thick as his he'd use it as a weapon as well, but his horns would easily break against enough force. "Rakoris or not, those are mean weapons atop your head, I'd much rather then pointed towards the sky or buried in the ground than share personal greetings with my innards." He flicked the Kukri across his fingers, rotating it swiftly before firmly grasping it, staring down the man that rolled his eyes at him. He'd caught him now. He didn't have too many tricks up his sleeve anymore, but this was his time to shine enough, just enough to not die.

As the man pointed the Bardiche towards him, his words rang through Sig as excitement. As the man began to charge him slower now he watched the blade. He threw up his right arm, Kukri in hand to intercept the blade, his other arm supporting the back of the Kukri with his Drak'na, as the blast of energy washed over him and push him harder into the ground. He felt his ribs tense up, his lungs tighten, and his feet feel like jelly beneath his feet from the force that was meant to launch him away. With a sharp inhale and gasp of air a fiery red ball of magic began to form in Sig's open palm a flaming sickle manifesting. He turned the Kukri to throw the mans sword to the side whilst attempting to dig the head of the sickle into his sword, fiery chains flowing from Sig's hand as he retreated from him to breathe. "Quite the blow Korroth, if it weren't for our difference in weapons, that wouldn't have been so bad."

Ryokoshky
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down