Latest topics
» Mistaken Destinations! (zenke, Orgoth)
by Orgoth Yesterday at 7:40 am

» Sparring match with Fear
by Zenke Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

» A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)
by Orgoth Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am

» Eldris Ellarian (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am

» Strange Lands (Orgoth)
by Jun Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 am

» Pathways (Parius)
by Orgoth Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 am

» Current Political Situation on Asmir Ka'Lesa
by Orgoth Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 am

» Hunters (parius)
by Parius Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 pm

» Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces
by Zenke Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Affiliates
free forum

Strange Lands (Orgoth)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange Lands (Orgoth)

Post by Jun on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 am

Nichol woke up with something on his chest. The blond opened his eyes to see a small critter with a fox like face, large ears, small body, and a longer tail with the tip puffed up some. It was looking at him curiously. The boy's eyes looked dead, and stared back at it. How it got thirty feet off the ground was beyond him. None the less, he ignored the creature, letting it scurry off of him and elsewhere as he packed up his hammock between two large and sturdy branches. If the merchants he encountered the day before was right, he was a good three-quarters day's walk to the next village. A relatively small one. Still, he was heading south. If the insignia he found was accurate, he'll be heading to the Sunlight Covenant. Hopefully to find his father and get some answers.

Climbing down from the tree, he startled some small deer, though they didn't run away from him. He didn't make a move to hunt them...they didn't seem too appetizing, and one would last him a long time anyways, despite how small they were compared to others he'd seen. Only his short bow was visible, along with his pack. But he also had a short sword, twenty pounds of crystals shaped and cut to various sizes, thirty arrows in a holster on his back, and some odds and ends. He wore a brown cloak over his shoulders, hiding everything underneath, brown trousers with a good pair of boots. He wasn't wearing a shirt, which wasn't uncommon for him. Though he was still pale, no matter how much time he spent in the sun. Nichol also had a dangling crystal earring on his left ear, a pair of goggles at the top of his head, and a black band around his neck. Other unique facial features included a small scar on his right cheek, a reddish-brown diamond tattoo in the middle of his forehead, and his dead, dark blue eyes.

While he walked, he noticed the small creature from before was following him. Shrugging it off, he just kept walking. Only to have to dive out of the way when something big and hairy suddenly burst from the bush and buck like crazy. It was at that point he saw someone on top of it...trying to...ride it? It was all very confusing to him...

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources
Resources: 850

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Lands (Orgoth)

Post by Orgoth on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am

One... two... THREE!
The Eldari jumped from the canopy and landed on the back of the beast she had chosen to try and master on this day. The Endaron Elk, a creature that resembled a normal elk but with increased size, was startled by the sudden intrusion and began to buck wildly. Fayla Shor, had picked a male Elk to try and master, because of course she did. She never really grasped the concept of a learning curve with any appreciation, instead relying on adapting and learning in the moment. It had backfired on numerous occasions of course, but Fayla's stubbornness meant that she simply dusted herself off and tried again, having learned from the experience.

Fayla had just begun to gain a solid grip and foothold on the beast, when it suddenly bolted, leaving the Eldari hanging on desperately. Fayla clambered on top of the creature's head just in time to see a young boy walking directly into their path. Fayla shouted to the boy in alarm. "Hey! Look out!" The boy rolled out of the way as the Elk suddenly reared up, and Fayla finally lost her battle, plummeting to the ground and landing on her face in the grass. The Elk, free from its would-be conqueror, ran back the way it had come.

Fayla lay still for a moment, assessing her physical condition. In truth, in her insatiable quest for adventure, she had experienced worse falls than this. But her body would not be so easily assuaged. She groaned as she maneuvered herself into a sitting position. The boy was looking at her curiously, and despite the fact that she was clearly in worse condition than him, she projected as much courage and confidence as she could muster up to face the newcomer from her seated position.
"Hey are you okay? You could have been killed!" Despite knowing she was clearly the one who could've died, Fayla's attempt to save face was quite transparent.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 2000

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 am

A tick appeared at Nichol's head. How annoying. Worse than clients that ignore his advice. He remained pretty much expressionless, however. Standing up and dusting himself off, he spoke in pretty Eldarian. "What was that? There was also a little fox, squirrel like creature following me earlier..." His voice was quiet to boot. And monotone. Still, he made no move to help her up. He was new to this strange land. And made no effort to hide that fact. Still, he was going to learn about it anyways, even if he was passing through. Besides, maybe she can point him to the right direction of this Sunlight Covenant place anyways. And if nothing else, maybe she can educate him a little bit about the Eldari lands.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:17 am

Fayla stood up and dusted herself off she tried to hastily brush the twigs and leaves out of her hair, but to little effect. She looked at the boy as he ignored her inquiry about his well-being and instead simply asked what the creature was that she had unsuccessfully tried to ride through the forest. She studied him for a moment before responding. "Oh that? That was an Endaron Elk. They're usually a bit less angry than that one. I don't know what happened there." The boy asked about a smaller creature he had seen earlier on. Fayla analysed his appearance for a small moment. He appeared to be Human, though appearances weren't necessarily a guarantee, and she guessed in and around his early to mid teens. He wasn't wearing a shirt, which struck Fayla as odd. She thought for a moment about what he had said to her. "Probably a Jerboa. They are curious little critters, but they're harmless."

Fayla looked around for a moment before asking some questions of her own in the form of a dense barrage. "You're Human, if I'm not mistaken? What brings you so far west? Where are you heading? Where did you come from? Where are your parents, and why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 am

That was a special type of elk? That was huge! Larger than a typical one. Then again, most things were huge compared to him, being only five feet tall. Still, nice to know those Jerboa things were harmless. Plus they were kind of cute. She seemed very forward, barraging him with questions. He nodded, answering the first. But answered the rest verbally. Again, in Eldarian. "I'm from northeast of here. A two island chain called Crystal Isle. South, Sunlight Covenant camp...at least I think that's where this insignia is..." He pulled out a piece of paper with an insignia on it. "Mother is dead. Looking for Father...he cared enough to leave a short sword and this *waves insignia* for me. It's hot where I'm from...most people don't wear shirts in Crystal Isle." Particularly in the Crystal Badlands and the Magma Fields. He didn't think she was dangerious...at least to him. Just a bit on the crazy side.

"Never been to the mainland. Would appreciate some information." Putting away his clue, Nichol started to walk in the direction of the village. Looking back to tell her to come with him. His voice maintained its monotone and quiet nature. He didn't particularly like loud noises.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:25 am

Fayla studied the boy as he dealt with her flurry of questions. "Crystal Isle? I've heard of that. Never been though. I get seasick so I don't go on boats that much." The boy then mentioned that he was heading south, looking for the Order of the Sun. He produced an insignia from his pocket that had the familiar design of the sword in front of the sun. She looked at it, nodding. "Yeah, that's them alright. You're heading in the right direction anyway." The boy went on to explain that his mother had died and his father had disappeared, leaving the insignia and a sword behind. Fayla bowed her head a little with that revelation. "I'm sorry to hear that, kid."

The boy mentioned that he had never been off Crystal Isle, and he would welcome some information, before randomly walking away. Fayla looked at him in confusion. "Okay? Good talk, I guess." The boy then turned around and told her to come with him. Fayla looked at him in surprise. "What? We've just met and you're gonna start ordering me around? What's the deal?" She looked at him for a moment, before softening her tone. "Look, I'm not trying to be mean. If you need help, than all you have to do is ask. You just have to work on your manners a bit." Fayla produced a pair of apples (that had somehow not been smashed by her adventure on the Endaron Elk and subsequent dismount) from her bag and offered one to the boy. "What's your name, kid?"

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Nichol shrugged. It was a long time ago really. He didn't know why she was sorry...not like she could have done anything. Then she got irritated at him, explained why, and then offered an apple. He held out his hand. Food was food, ok? "Nichol Shard. If you don't have anything better to do, a guide would be nice...saves time asking merchants and inn keepers. Also...I don't know about you, but I can talk and/or listen, and walk at the same time. I don't like wasting daylight on a longer journey like this."

He started to walk again. Unsure what else to ask. Maybe something more about the wildlife? He bit into the apple, and settled on two questions for starters. "Anything illegal to kill and eat? And anything I should probably avoid while here? Wildlife wise..." He thought he should clarify. Oh, there was on other thing. "I'm used to being a guide to others, not needing a guide. My apologies for the rudeness. And I do intend on compensating you fairly." He was as emotionless as the other times he opened his mouth.

But unlike others, he intended to follow her directions. When his own clients went against his directions, he left them out to dry.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:37 am

Nichol took the apple and told her his name, before rephrasing his request. It was slightly better, but it was still very blunt. Fayla looked at him with curiosity. "You don't really deal with people much do you? That's alright I guess. My name's Fayla, by the way." She took a munch of her apple and began walking alongside Nichol. The boy asked a couple of strange questions, inquiring about the wildlife in the area. Fayla thought about it for a moment, before deciding that the best way to proceed would be to just help as much as possible.

"Well, the only protected species that I know of is kerubi. They're basically little deer-like critters. Killing them is punishable by death." Fayla heard a ruffle and looked out into the foliage from the path. She saw a two pairs of eyes looking at her from a bush beside a large tree. She signalled for Nichol to stop and pointed at the eyes. Two kerubi emerged from the undergrowth, a male and a female, followed closely by a tiny one that was clearly still getting to grips with walking. The kerubi approached and Fayla bent down to pet the female. "That's good timing. These are kerubi. They're mostly passive." She bent down to try and pet the baby, only for the male to knock her on her rear end with a headbutt. The kerubi moved away, while Fayla stood back up and dusted herself off before continuing. "Yeah, I forgot. Kerubi are only ever aggressive when you approach their young."

Nichol then explained his unfamiliarity with being guided, and apologized for his rudeness. Fayla looked at him with a look of mild incredulity. "You guide people? Where? No offense, but you don't look old enough to guide people anywhere outside your own house." She continued walking, and their pace meant they were making good time.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:50 am

Kerubi huh? It was a good thing he didn't try anything on those then. And he shrugged off the comment about dealing with other people. He was typically left up to his own devices. Then one of the deer knocked Fayla on her butt due to getting a little close to their young. Still, it was odd that they were so passive. It was quite fascinating.

Then she looked at him with some doubt. "Sea sick or not, take you to Crystal Isle, and I'll guide you through the Crystal Badlands without a scratch or running into the territory of any dangerous creatures, and see every single place of note. I explored pretty much every nook and cranny of the place, and most of the Magma Fields. You'd be surprised how many tourists want to see them. And how many think like you do and then end up getting hurt or worse because they didn't listen to me." He'd actually narrowed his eyes at her for that. If she was going to be like that, maybe he should slap her around with his crystals and just move on. It was the most emotion he'd shown all day.

But decided against that. It wouldn't do if he got into trouble like that. As tempting as it would be. "Do we have to worry about Griffins at all?"

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:42 am

Fayla noticed Nichol finally expressing some emotion when she expressed her incredulity at his description of his experience and skills. His demeanor became defensive, and his tone suggested that she had struck a nerve. So that was it, she thought, he's used to being in control, and now that he's the one looking for help, he's getting snotty about it. Fayla sighed. What a brat. She didn't comment on that out loud though, as his background did allow for some leeway. Nichol did, to his credit, attempt to change the subject. He asked about griffins.

"Not here really. They live on the cliffs on the north coast. They don't normally stray this far south on their own." Fayla decided to try and find out more about where Nichol was from. In truth, thoug she knew about the smattering of islands off the west coast of Endaron, she had not heard specifically of Crystal Isle. "So, tell me about your homeland. You've told me so far that you were a guide, and that there is a Crystal Badlands and a Magma Fields. Is there anything... nice there at all? It doesn't sound like a particularly appealing place for visitors so far."

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:09 am

That was good. He'd heard tales of Griffins...and other larger beasts. Then she asked about his homeland. Raising up his arm, it became coated with the crystals he carried with him, before shaping into a makeshift dagger. While some had some scarring and chips in them, it was still rather beautiful. "There are tons of caves in the Crystal Badlands with precious jewels and crystals that are absolutely beautiful. Most are even unprotected by wildlife, and are so rich that it would take millennia of mining to strip out. What stops it is the fact that above ground is so hot and inhospitable that it's very dangerous, even at night. Even the underwater caves are gorgeous, if a bit more difficult to get to.  Some are even loose, and some crystals are as fine as sand. It's where I got most of these that I carry with me, and manipulate. The Magma Fields are more inhospitable, but does have some neat formations of obsidian and metal formations. Both places gives the Isles a good bit of wealth, one side precious metals and even a divinium vein, and the other jewels. And it's not like it's all just those two places. There is a single port and town, with enough hospitable land for people to live on, and even ranch some and grow crops to sustain a population. We still have to trade to get most of our meat, but vegetables and fruits are still in good supply. There are tons of miner and jewelry guilds around. It's mostly those caverns that visitors want to see, and even take some of the crystals to sell. But guides are few, and fewer still willing to really go to the best ones. I got plenty of work back home. But...I need a new home. My father cared enough to leave me a few things, so there had to be something there..."

And he was determined to find out. Hence why he was here in these strange lands. He disassembled his crystal dagger and put the crystals back in their pouches.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:18 am

Fayla instinctively reached over her shoulder for her sword when Nichol suddenly raised his arm and formed a dagger out of crystal, relaxing when Nichol simply gazed at it before beginning to describe his homeland. It sounded to Fayla like an interesting place to be sure, with beautiful crystal caves that only the most adventurous could get to. She glanced at him and smiled warmly. "Sounds amazing. I'll definitely have to go there sometime." Nichol went on to explain about how the island functions economically, before briefly touching on why he left the island in the first place. "Well, going to the Order of the Sun is definitely a good place to start. Even if your father isn't there, they might be able to point you in the right direction."

They walked on for a time, covering a good amount of ground in the day's remaining sunlight. When nightfall hit, Fayla looked around the forest. The best thing to do would be to get some rest, and plow on tomorrow. She turned to Nichol. "I reckon we should stop here and rest for the night. How good are you at camping in trees?" She removed her backpack and began to unravel her bedroll and hooks. "I'll show you if you like. It's safer to camp in the canopy. Keeps us out of the way." They set up their sleeping facilities, with Fayla assisting Nichol if needed, and Fayla began to remove some food from her bag. She tossed Nichol a slice of waybread that had been wrapped in a krenom leaf to keep it unspoiled, before producing another one for herself. Fayla created a small campfire, and she invited Nichol to sit with her. "I'd say we should reach Sunshield Hold by dusk tomorrow. We should talk to Odric Mantell. He's the guy in charge. If there's anything to find out about your father there, he'll know it."

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:03 am

Nichol nodded and continued to follow her, silent. Then it was time to get some rest. She asked him a question. "It's the same safe place back home if you camp out in the Badlands. Higher is better...trees are easier though." Again, his arm became coated in crystal, but this time was more akin to a whip. With that and his climbing skills, he got to where he wanted with ease.

Though what she said next actually surprised him, making his thin eyebrows raise a bit. "That close? I thought I was still a few days away yet..." He'd caught the bread and started to eat slowly. Odric Mantell. An odd name, but so was Fayla. Once he was done, he crawled into bed and slept if there wasn't anything more.

~

In the morning, he found another one of those Jerboa things on his stomach, looking at him curiously. "Are Jerboa nocturnal...this is the second time this has happened..." He watched it watch him. And just laid perfectly still. Before hesitantly putting out a hand to let it sniff it, and maybe let him pet it? He didn't know what else to do with it...

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:48 am

Fayla awoke to find a Jerboa sitting in her backpack, staring at her curiously. She scratched it behind the ears before looking across to Nichol, who was lying in his bedroll with another Jerboa sitting on his chest. Nichol asked whether the creatures were nocturnal or not, given that he had encountered them repeatedly since arriving in Endaron. She gazed at the Jerboa in her bag with interest. "Not really. They are just incredibly curious. They don't get into trouble much because they can teleport. Like this." To demonstrate, Fayla pulled a whetstone out of a side pouch of her pack, and showed it to the Jerboa. The little creature stared at it, transfixed by the new object. Slowly, Fayla placed it on a branch above her head. The Jerboa looked at her, and then back to the whetstone, before it disappeared with a small 'pop'. She looked up to see the Jerboa on the branch above her, playing with the trinket it had discovered. She looked back to Nichol. "See? They're actually quite intelligent too. Magi tend to use them as familiars. Sort of like a companion or an assistant."

Fayla gazed up at the morning sun. "We should get going. We should reach the hold by dusk if we're quick." She tossed another piece of bread to Nichol and began disassembling her sleeping apparatus. The Jerboa popped into existence on Fayla's shoulder with the whetstone in hand, as she reached the ground and shouldered her pack. She looked at it as it held out the whetstone for her to take, clearly satisfied that the stone was not edible. Fayla chuckled and took the stone, storing it in a belt pouch. She waited for Nichol before continuing on.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:58 am

Nichol was shocked. "They're...magic...like me..." He'd heard tales of other races being able to use magic, especially the Eldari, even witnessing it himself. But he'd never heard of an animal being able to use magic at will like that. He grabbed the little guy and put him on his head. Where the creature proceeded to check out the goggles he kept there. After packing up and dropping down the forest floor, they were off again.

~

When the got there, he was actually impressed. He'd never seen a proper town. As well off as Crystal Isle was, they kept things modest. And never really had a need for a true military. And here, this was a fortress. "Impressive." Though his voice didn't display any emotion. He still followed Fayla through the doors, the guards nodding to them politely...

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:08 am

Nichol expressed shock at the knowledge that other magical beings existed. Fayla chuckled warmly. "I guess you don't get too many of my race as visitors to your Crystal Isle, huh?" Fayla opened her hands and cupped them together. A green glyph about the size of a gold coin appeared above her hands, growing to the size of a dinner plate. It was a glyph of her father's family, something her father had showed her how to do when she was little. "There's a lot more to the world than you think. Wonders beyond your wildest dreams..." The glyph changed into the shape of a dragon. "...and dangers to go with it." She dismissed the glyph and beckoned to the boy. "But that's all ahead. We have to get there first. Let's go."

They made good time and reached Sunshield Hold just before sunset. Fayla smiled as Nichol was awestruck by the size of the Hold. Sunshield Hold was indeed a marvel, given that it still held strong despite its age. The town that had grown around it was always buzzing with activity, with only Edaria rivaling it in both diversity and security. Fayla nodded and smiled warmly to the guards in return as they entered the town.

The town was starting to wind down for the evening as Fayla approached the towns main tavern, the Second Sun. "We might as well sort ourselves out some accommodation. We probably won't be able to see the Knight-Captain tonight." She entered the tavern, and looked around.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:04 am

A young man strolled through the streets in the town around Sunshield Hold. As he passed some people, they waved, and he waved back. the young man was Arthur Ferrum Aurora, and he had just finished a patrol for the day. He had taken off his white armor, and was wearing simple clothes, a blue wool shirt, black breeches, and black leather boots. He had one of his swords with him, the black blade, Noctis. As he entered the tavern, the tavern-keeper greeted him. Arthur walked over to the bar, and sat down. "The usual, Arthur?" The older man asked him. "Yes, sure. Thank you." He said, smiling at the man. 

As he was waiting for his drink, and food, Arthur noticed two people he had never seen walk in. An Eldari woman, and a young man. Something told him to introduce himself to the two, and so, he did. Walking over, he slightly bowed his head. "Hello. My name is Arthur. Are you two new here? Do you need help finding something?" He smiled at the two, waiting for an answer.

Tristan Bahamat | The Red Ranger - Tier = A-5

Parius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources
Resources: 750

View user profile https://www.twitch.tv/king_of_ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:48 am

Nodding, he followed Fayla. "Think we'll even be able to see him? If he commands this place, I don't think he'll have the time to deal with an orphan searching for answers." Monotone and emotionless as always. The blond followed the Eldari into a tavern. Seemed everything was based on the sun...maybe he should ask about that. Shortly after entering, they were greeted by a...soldier? Nichol took a hard look at him. Blond hair, green eyes, similar jaw structure to his. Nichol continued to stare at the guy almost rudely and awkwardly. There were other similarities, minus the eyes, but not enough for anything to be definitive. Well, hopefully Fayla will handle it.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:56 am

Fayla nodded at Nichol's question. "Maybe. They do a lot of that kind of thing here though. Helping freed slaves find their families, make a new life, that kind of thing." She looked around the tavern some more, trying to spot the telltale white cloak that indicated the presence of one of the new friends she had made during the fight in Yoniva Town. "I was kind of hoping Kairi would be here. She's a friend of mine that is actually in the Order. She has some pull here I reckon."

Fayla noticed that Nichol had stopped listening though, and he was gawking at someone who had just come in and greeted them. Fayla looked at the newcomer, and smiled at his politeness. "Hi there Arthur. I'm just bringing my friend here to try and find some information. It's about his family." She looked around one last time to try and spot Kairi, but the warrior was nowhere to be seen. "Say, do you know my friend, Kairi Thorne? Do you know if she's around?" The more she looked at Arthur, the more in common he seemed to have with Nichol. They had the same blonde hair and facial structure, though their eyes were different colors. It's probably a coincidence, she thought.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:46 am

Arthur looked at the boy, as he seemed to be staring him. The woman asked after Kairi, and Arthur placed his hand in his chin. "Last I heard, she had gone to Mith Sylvanus to visit family. She did just come back from a doozy of a mission, from what she said. It would take a few days to get a message out to her, sorry." He looked back at the boy, who was still......staring. "I might be able to help. I am a member of the Order, after all." He looked at his clothes, before chuckling. "Although, I don't look it right now. What are your names, if you don't mind me asking?" He looked at the boy. "Especially you. It might help us figure out where your family is faster." Something nagged in Arthur's head, when he looked at the boy. But, that wasn't where his full attention was. They needed help. And, if Arthur was anything, he was helpful. But still. whatever was nagging him in his mind, was going to bother him.

Parius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:17 am

Nichol listened. So, Fayla's friend was off visiting family, but this guy offered right away. Surely there was a catch? Few, if any, ever offered help without something in return. Still, he should give the man his name. "Shard is given to anyone with an unknown sire on my home island. My mother named me Nichol. My father apparently cared enough to leave me two things. A sword, and an insignia. But that's it. His sir name was Aurora." He took out his ornate short sword and an insignia that was just the Sunlight Covenant's. But the sword's hilt and guard was all black and nickel, with a green jewel in the pommel. The sword was made from enchanted steel. That was literally all he had to go on. Assuming the man knew anything about those. Nichol's voice was as emotionless as his eyes...almost...there was a small tinge of something in his voice...hope.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:43 am

Fayla nodded when Arthur told her where Kairi was. "That's fair enough. She probably deserves the time off." Arthur then offered help himself, mentioning that he was a member of the Order, despite what his attire would suggest. Fayla chuckled. "And I thought you guys were sealed in your armor forever." Arthur asked their names, particularly Nichol's as he was the one looking for help.

"Oh yeah, that might help. My name's Fayla Shor." Nichol then offered his own name before immediately launching into an explanation about his sword and the insignia he had been left by his father. Fayla couldn't help but notice the slight twinge of hope in Nichol's voice when he showed Arthur the artifacts he had mentioned. Fayla looked at Arthur for a response. "What do you think? Does any of that sound helpful?"

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:27 am

Arthur nodded at Fayla. "She does. I heard a little about what happened. Seemed to have been quite a time." He laughed when she brought up their armor. "I had the rest of the night off. I don't like to wear my armor outside of patrols, and missions. It also makes it easier to walk up to me. Or so I have been told." He nodded when Fayla gave her name. Nichol then gave his name, and when he said the surname, Aurora, Arthur seemed to freeze, and his eyes widened in surprise. 

He then shook his head, before getting suddenly serious. "Aurora? You are absolutely sure that his surname was Aurora?" Arthur seemed a bit nervous now, and if he was asked about the name, he would shake his head. "If that is his last name, it is one of two things. Either it's a huge coincidence, or....Well. Let me just tell you. My full name, is Arthur Ferrum Aurora. Which means......" He looked at Nichol. "We might be half-brothers."

Parius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:43 am

Well....that was a shock. Though he didn't show it at all, and not at all what he'd expected. He dug around in his pack, taking out a small pack of silver coins and a couple of earrings similar to his own. And offered them to Fayla. "Thank you for the escort and all. I did promise I'd compensate you." Bowing politely, he saw an empty table and walked to it, motioning for this Arthur to follow him.

After getting water, he just stared at the cup, trying to think of something to ask. Swallowing hard, he opened his mouth only to close it again. Then he managed to speak, though it was extremely soft, almost inaudible in the tavern. "Why did he leave? Why did he not come back? Why didn't you and any other half-siblings come looking for me?"

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:46 am

Fayla looked from Nichol to Arthur. So it might not be a coincidence after all. She would have loved to see how it progressed from here, but she was late already for her meeting with someone from the Eternal Watch. She was heading home to make her report regarding the confrontation with Thassa in the Dying Suns base when she got sidetracked, a regular occurrence. "It would seem that FateTM has played a blinding hand."

Fayla turned to Nichol with a slightly apologetic look. At least she got him this far, and he'd be safe here. "I'm really sorry though, but I have to go. I'm late for something and I don't want my mother to yell at me again." She nodded to Arthur. "Nice to meet you Arthur. Can you tell Kairi that I was asking for her?" She then turned back to Nichol, who proffered a bag of coins and a pair of earrings that looked similar to the ones he was wearing.  He thanked her and bowed politely. "Oh, you didn't actually have to. Thanks. See you around Nichol." She punched him playfully on the arm and nodded respectfully to Arthur before leaving for home.

Andreas Toral A-5 Human
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down