» The Nyberrite Alliance
by Orgoth Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:25 am

Affiliates
free forum

Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

Go down

Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

Post by Orgoth on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 am

Thassa paced the large chamber in the center of the mine under the town of Yoniva. She fumed as Kronos briefed her on what had happened at the Khudan base, including Thalbjorn's betrayal. Her trusted lieutenant had revealed Thassa's whereabouts to the two runts, Faylandrea Shor and Valatrix Hornless, along with their Asentari lackey, a rival of Kronos. She spat as she expressed her disbelief at how everything had gone wrong. "That fool always did have more honor than brains. Now they know where we are. They'll be coming. I'm familiar with those two bitches. Too familiar. They won't waste time. We can expect an attack in the next day or two." She suddenly stopped pacing and turned to Kronos. "But what of this rival of yours... Rex von Broven? What can you tell me about him? What's his stake in all this?"

Assuming Kronos told her about Rex, Thassa would gaze around the chamber, as if analyzing her towns defenses through the rock above her. "We'll need to be ready. I know it seems like only three kids, and I can't really see them luring a fenroc all the way here from the forest, but they are resourceful and they are dangerous, especially if this von Broven kid is as tactically astute as you say. Get to it. Increase the defenses around the town, but don't make it obvious. We can't afford to abandon the town, but I'm not about to sit around and let them waltz in here either. We need to be ready..." Thassa trailed off as she stalked to her quarters to prepare for battle. They needed to be ready.

Kairi sat eating her soup in the Eldritch Moon Inn in the town of Zendar. She had awoken at the crack of dawn, excitement and nervousness. She had been into battle many times before, but never with as eclectic a group as she was about to today. In truth, she had no idea how this would pan out. At the very least, they had a sound plan and everyone seemed to be on board with it. It was the best she could hope for. Bethany, or Mercy as she's known in the world, was a fierce fighter with highly destructive abilities. She knew less of the others. Fayla and Vala were direct descendants of Dalrodir Shor and Ren the Hornless respectively, the two mightiest warriors Asmir Ka'Lesa had ever seen. If they inherited even a fraction of that strength, it boded well. Rex was also vouched for by Shran, and it was far from her place to judge a book by its cover. There was a quiet assurance in his gaze that told her that Rex was at least confident in his own skills. The one Kairi knew the least about was Siegfried, but Bethany and Vala had both spoken highly enough of his skills, and he certainly didn't look like a pushover. She continued her soup.

Fayla awoke as the sunlight shone in through a crack in the curtains. She got ready with excitement at the prospect of finally getting her hands on Thassa. All of their hard work over the last few months had finally paid off. As an Eldari, she didn't need to wash. However, she liked to wash her hair before going on a mission, made her feel better. She tied it up in a neat ponytail before getting dressed and bringing her stuff downstairs. Kairi was already there, happily tucking into a bowl of soup. Fayla waved at her and then went and got herself a bowl of porridge and sat down beside her. Fayla chuckled. "Do you only eat soup?" Kairi smiled and gazed at her chosen dish. "Maybe. I like the idea of it. I like how something so small and simple can make such a big difference." She glanced back at Fayla as the Eldari started eating her porridge. "You know, I've never lost a battle when I've eaten soup before it."

Fayla snorted. "I'll take your word for it." She ate a little more porridge before appearing to struggle with it. Kairi glanced at her. "Something wrong?" Fayla shook her head. "No... it's just nerves. I always get a bit nervous before a big fight. I don't know. Me and Vala have been in plenty of fights before, but there's something about this one. We've spent the last few months tracking Thassa, and now we've finally found her. We can't let this chance slip." Kairi nodded in understanding. She reached over and squeezed Fayla's shoulder gently. "So, let's not let it slip. I believe that if we all give it everything, we will succeed. We'll get it done. Don't worry Lady Faylandrea." Kairi chuckled and gave an exaggerated bow and Fayla laughed and punched her on the shoulder. "Don't you dare start calling me that!"

Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 2000

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

Post by Jun on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:39 pm

"His stake is me and me alone. I didn't exactly leave Edia peacefully. As his rival, he feels obligated to be the on to take me down, though he also won't begrudge anyone for doing the job...he knows I won't have any mercy and will not make someone hold back just to get a shot at me. You can blame some idiots for trying to mug him. Since our graduation, he's been trained by the best of the best in our military. He doesn't have much in terms of magical attacks...actually, we match each other pretty well in those terms. A short ranged lightning attack and his big breath attack. The rest are not offensive nor really defensive. He uses a scythe and sword. I didn't see what tricks his scythe had...it's changed since graduation. He'll prefer stealth and attacking at odd angles. As inexperienced as he is, he learns and adapts. He's not particularly good with the big picture. But I've been the only one to have beaten him before...and vice versa. We have a score to settle. That was all there was to it. And Kronos nodded and spoke some more.

"Rexie is a noble...he has money. And is sure to have earned his share out here in addition to being already well funded. My expectation would be he hires a bunch of hired thugs for the distraction while he and his harem go through the escape tunnel in a pincer. We'll lay some traps there and have that spy keep an eye on it and inform us when they come in through there. I'll have some of the valueables up top moved to secure locations. Just in case. We'll have no troops target them when it's a one on one fight. Only when they have at minimum a two v. one. I'd like the front tunnels rigged. Either to crush them or funnel them to this central tunnel. Hit and fade attacks. Wear them down. Until this last chamber. That's my basic idea at least. We'll see what happens when the time comes.

Though if I may...why is this town so important that we can't just up and leave? I'm just...confused."
It was a good question. And hopefully this will succeed and he could put his past to rest.

~

Rex had exercised, stretched, and jogged just before dawn. It was good to limber up before a big fight. He looked very much like just an everyday working lad...if not for the shirtless man's blue scales and dragon shaped bone plate on his right side. He did keep his sword on his back as well, just in case he was ambushed. But so far, nothing.

He had just gotten back and went to the lounge for breakfast when he saw Fayla and Kairi. He sat next to them, eggs, bread, bacon, and sausage being put in front of him. "Lady quite suits you though. I'm sure Beth would gladly start calling you that. You do seem like you hold yourself like a noble...I'm one myself, I can see these things. However, unlike most that get into the military, you've earned your spot. I can see that too." He started to chow down. The comment about being called a lady was the only one of their conversation he heard.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources
Resources: 850

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:58 am

Vala slept like a rock for several hours before waking up about an hour before dawn. Nerves nagged at her, and so she decided to hunt to try to calm them. Fayla was still sleeping when she left the room quietly, and head out of the inn with bow in hand. Vala left the town and headed into the forest. She slowed her pace, and began to carefully scan the forest as the sun began to rise. In the early hours of the morning, a particularly tasty creature began to stir in the forest. She spotted one, hopping across the forest floor, sniffing at the ground in search of tasty leave.

Vala crept closer, until she was only twenty feet away before raising her bow. Knocking an arrow, and drawing it back, she took a breath and loosed an arrow as she finished her exhale. The arrow hit the small rabbit in the head, and its nearby freinds scarpered. Vala smiled and scooped up the rabbit. She took her prey back to the inn, the sun now rising, and headed around back to the kitchen. Outside one of the tavern windows that looked in to the seating area, she spotted a sleeping form in a bush.

At some point in the night, Mercy had found herself outside, and ended up in the tavern's greenery. Vala gave her a poke with one of her arrows, and when she didn't move, she poked harder. Mercy stirred, opening her eyes slightly "What're you doin in my room Shorty.." She grumble. "Your not in your room. Your in a bush." Vala replied, with a frown. "Ah. That explains why the curtains are open. Do you have something to drink?" She asked.
"I have water." Vala said, tossing a water skin down to Mercy.

Mercy caught it and drank from the flask. "Thanks Shorty." She said.
Vala sighed. "Please stop calling me that." she said. Mercy began to sit up. "Help me out of this bush, and I will." She said. Vala sighed again, and helped the woman up. "That was a pretty comfortable bush." She said, pulling a leaf from her hair. Vala laughed despite heself. "You looked pretty happy alright."

Mercy headed inside and Vala continued around back to the kitchen. She expertly skinned the rabbit out of the way, and cooked it. When she was done, she went into the lounge, sat down with her catch and started to eat. It was a pretty small rabbit, but she shared it with anyone who wanted some. Not long after, Mercy came in, a bit more life in her face and sat down with them. "So, how did everyone sleep?" She asked.

Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 500

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:04 am

Siegfried had woken up, before the sun had come out. He didn't know if anyone else had woken up yet, so he got dressed, without his armor, and grabbed Balmung. He walked outside, and drew the sword. Taking a stance, he swung it, feeling the weight of the greatsword. Sieg did this every morning, if he had the time. He practiced his swings for a bit, until the sun started coming up. Putting Balmung in it's sheath, and attaching it to his back, he went back to his room, put on his armor, and walked into the kitchen. He got himself some soup, and made his way into the lounge.

He noticed that Fayla, Kairi, Vala, and Rex were already there. He sat down, and started on his soup, when Mercy walked in. "I slept fine. The beds are comfy here." He finished his soup, and stretched in his chair. He waited for everyone else to finish their food, before speaking. "We should get ready to leave soon. The quicker we get there, the less time they have to get something ready."

"If you gaze long into an Abyss, The Abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Links to Apps In Spoiler

Parius
Beginner
Beginner

Resources
Resources: 250

View user profile https://www.twitch.tv/king_of_ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:08 am

Some time later, Thassa paced in the large chamber. Her armor glinted in the light of the braziers on the walls as an underling briefed her on their security efforts. "We have increased the watch on the town's perimeter. The buildings will provide cover for the men. We have also posted extra guards at both entrances of the escape tunnel. If the enemy somehow have knowledge of it, we'll be ready." Thassa nodded. "Very well. That will be all." The underling nodded and left the chamber. Thassa looked at Kronos. "Kronos. I will entrust you with the defense of the town. I want you to go make sure the town is as secure as he says. If those two... children... are still coming for me after all this time, then we need to make sure we're ready. No mistakes or oversights, understood?"

Fayla's green eyes locked on to Rex when he made his observation about her nobility. "Well, I wouldn't say we're nobles as such. The Shor name does come with a lot of expectation though. Mother is on the Golden Council, but she earned her way up by serving in the Eternal Watch first. I was expected to follow her path, but Mother thinks I have too much of Father in my spirit. I just want to make my own name in the world."

Vala eventually arrived with food to boot, followed soon after by Siegfried. Bethany came downstairs after that. The Asentari looked like she had indulged in a bit too much of the tavern's products the night before, but she seemed reasonably awake and alert when she asked how everyone else slept. Kairi nodded and smiled. "Very well, thank you." Fayla snorted at Bethany's appearance. "Better than you it looks like." Siegfried suggested that they leave once everyone was finished. Kairi nodded. "I agree. We'll meet at the edge of the town when everyone is geared up." Kairi rose from her chair and politely excused herself before leaving.

Once everyone had arrived at the meeting point, Kairi looked at Fayla and Vala. "Given Shran's description of the approach to the town, we have decent cover from the trees until we're almost there. I think you two should split off at that point and make for the escape tunnel." Fayla nodded in agreement. "Makes sense." Kairi then turned to the rest of them. "The rest of us should try and enter the town from different sides. Any questions?"

Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources
Resources: 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Yesterday at 10:08 am

Kronos's eyes narrowed at the man. That wasn't the plan. Why have one if everyone is going to ignore it anyways? Still, he gritted out a quick "Yes Ma'am." And stalked out, grabbing the man by the throat and slamming him into a wall. It made him feel a little bit better. He had his thirty soldiers with him. Plus another forty that where already here. ten more could quickly reinforce him if need be. But those numbers weren't ideal...ten is hardly enough to make a difference. He fudged some things around. Things got more secure than before. Short of an elemental breath, he doubted anyone could sneak through. So now, it was a waiting game.

~

Rex couldn't help but smile at Fayla. That was very admirable. In a way, he hoped to do the same. Then everyone else arrived. Giving a toothy grin, he answered Beth. "Slept like a log." Then came the order to gear up and meet at the edge of town.

~

Rex arrived in his all black and dark blue clothes, complete with hood, sword on his back, and scythe horizontal at his waist also on his back. He even sported gloves. He didn't have any. So he just stuck with Beth and followed her through the woods.

Lukas Jaeger. Human. WIP
Jun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Resources
Resources: 850

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down