Rena Lisola

Affiliates
free forum

ButtonGenerator.com

Rest Stop for Asentari

Go down

Rest Stop for Asentari

Post by Parius on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:05 am

Siegfried sighed, as he sat back in his chair. The Asentari had just left Karim, after a hectic fight with a Heanta woman. He had then found some bandits harassing a small town, which he had dealt with. As thanks, the barkeep, and older man, with a bald head, and big moustache, had given Sieg free drinks. He was sitting close to the wall farthest to the door, and had Balmung, his Divinium greatsword, sitting on the wall to his right, so that it was still in reach. Despite the small nature of this town, it was still a nice place, at least to Sieg. It was small enough, so that any of the major cities paid it no heed, but it was still large enough to have it's own tavern, which was well stocked. It was nice to someone like Sieg, who had spent a majority of his life on scout patrols, while he was in Edia. I'm almost sure the story of the bandits is the most exciting thing that has happened to this town in some time. Sieg thought to himself. 

The barkeep brought Sieg a drink, to which Seig said "Are you sure you don't want me pay? I have enough-" The barkeep waved the offer away. "No, not for the man who saved us from those bandits." Sieg shrugged. "Wouldn't anyone have helped?" "You'd be surprised, sir. At least, not someone who wields a Divinium blade." Sieg thought on that, as the barkeep walked away. "Oh, since my drinks are free, would you mind giving a round to everyone then?" THe barkeep laughed. "Just this once." He brushed his white hair out of his eyes, and took a sip from his tankard. The ale was good, but Sieg wasn't that big of a drinker. Sharp mind, sharp reflexes. It was an old saying of his swordsmanship teacher. It's strange to think, that people with weapons made like mine wouldn't help this town out. He took another sip, and didn't notice the figure next to him.

Links to Apps In Spoiler
Spoiler:

Parius
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile https://www.twitch.tv/king_of_ember

Back to top Go down

Re: Rest Stop for Asentari

Post by Vala on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 am

Finely buzzed, A dark haired, dark skinned girl sat near the back, her Red eyes watching her drink. She wasn't paying a bit of attention to the big man who'd given quite the show earlier when he'd beat up some bandits to the delight of the people at this little village. Although she heard something about free drinks, her mind was elsewhere. The large man sat down next to her, and sipped at his drink. On her other side, another man sat down, drink in hand and smiled at her. He was averagely handsome if you were into the sort of thing. "Hey there, whats a dark beauty like you doing sitting back here alone for." He said. He put a hand on her leg. "Oh that's precious. You think you have a shot with me because I look lonely. I'll tell you what though, you can leave that hand there if you want me to cut it off and shove it up your arse for you." She said, placing her hand on the hilt of the Gladius that rested next to her leg.

The man snatched his hand back. "Good call. Run along now, before you piss me off." He got up and walked away, pride hurt but the rest of him intact, and Bethany turned back to her drink. She looked at the big man, who may or may not have heard that exchange and noticed the marking on his chest. She leaned forward to get a better look before speaking. "Hey Asentari, what brings you so far from home?" She said to him. Though she wasn't entirely sure he was one, the marking looked like a draconic seal, and sometimes you just had a sense about these things.

Vala
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:17 am

Sieg had barely heard the exchange next to him, his mind on other things, until the woman next to him, correctly, guessed that he was an Asentari. "It's strangely less often than you think, that someone can tell I am Asentari." Sieg looked at her eyes. "You're one too." He said, leaning back in his chair. "As for what I'm doing here, I'm enjoying a drink." He wasn't about to open up to a stranger, especially after meeting Vala in Karim. 

"I could ask you the same thing. An Asentari outside of Edia is a rare site. Unless you get sent out on a mission." Or, you're like me. He thought, sipping his drink again. "I don't mean to pry, by the way. Like I said, it's just rare to see one of us out in the Freelands. Much less, for two of us to see each other."

Links to Apps In Spoiler
Spoiler:

Parius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Vala on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 am

She shrugged and took a deep gulp of her drink. And then nodded at his own declaration. "Well, when you spend long enough around humans and other races, you learn to spot your own kind." When he continued he simply replied that he was enjoying a drink. "That was a well earned drink. I seen you kick the snot out of those bandits. Impressive, if a bit irritating. I was working towards it, just waiting for the right offer." She said to him. "Not worried though. Plenty more scum out there, and people paying to get rid of them." It sounded a bit callous, but she'd done her fare share of good deeds, and ended up getting stung. It was easier to want to be freinds with someone after they save your life, but if you have to pay them, it creates professional distance. The kind of distance she appreciated, so she could drink alone and be sad.

Despite that, meeting another Asentari was uncommon so far from edia, so she decided to be pleasent. "I haven't called Edia home in a long time." She said as she took another swig of her drink. "I get what you mean though. Its a rare sight to see two of us in one place." She said. "Though I'm guessing you missed Edaria, or didn't stick around long enough to meet the Asentari who runs the place." She said.

"The name's Mercy. And who are you, tall savior of this little town?" She asked with mocking praise. "How long have you been travelling? You don't have the look of the usual stoic asentari soldier out on a mission for the senate, or the Primoris Rex. I could be wrong though." Another swig, and the glass was empty. She waved over a barmaid and gave her a sultry smile. "Can I get another glass of whatever ale this is, you pretty thing." She said, and the woman blushed a little, but nodded. She felt slightly bad for her, knowning she must endure some shit here and Bethany hitting on her probably didn't help. Or maybe it did. Sometimes it turned out to be a fun night.

Last edited by Vala on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Vala
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:18 am

Siegfired nodded. "True enough. It would be easier. I'm pretty noticable as well, with my Draconic Seal being here on my chest, and face." He grimaced at the mention of the bandits. "I don't particularly like people like them. So, in a way, it was.......therapeutic to knock their heads around. If only, for a short while. Besides, I've learned with most types like them, show enough force, they retreat with their tails between their legs." 

"A long time, huh." he said, sipping his own drink. "No, I didn't meet the Asentari in Eldaria. It never possessed me to pass by, on my own way out." He didn't seem to mind telling her this, which somewhat caught Sieg off guard. I'm usually a bit more distant than this. He thought. The woman introduced herself as Mercy, which Sieg figured was a sake name. But, he was enjoying the chat, and didn't pry further. "I am Siegfried, but my friends call me Sieg."

"I only left Edia a few months ago. I felt a calling, to travel the land. So, I left. I also kind of left my post as Seargent, so please don't let anyone know where I am. I get the feeling the Oculi won't be to happy with me in this moment." Sieg noted the flirting Mercy did, towards the barmaid, but didn't say anything. It wasn't his business, after all.

Links to Apps In Spoiler
Spoiler:

Parius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Vala on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

"Try being covered in red scaled. Its quite the conversation starter." She said with a grin. "Have you unlocked your seal yet?" She asked out of curiousity. She hadn't unlocked the seal on her back before. She only knew it was there because of Aline, who'd drawn it for her. Before she could keep thinking about it she turned her attention back to the bandits. "I'd agree with that. They're cowards who prey on the weak, and they'll be back when your gone. If they're really dumb they'll be back with more freinds. You should have killed them all to send a real message." she said. She would have. No mercy, because they would give none to the people of this village.

"A long time." She nodded. And listened to what he had to say about Edaria. "You should visit sometime, Sieg. The city is the only good place in the freelands. And Al-... The ruler seems like a good woman." She said, catching herself. He explained that he hadn't been gone for long and asked her not to mention him to anyone back home. She laughed at that. "I wouldn't worry about that Sieg, I dont intend on going back again anytime soon. And I never got involved in the army. I wouldn't have been allowed even if I'd wanted to. Granted, it probably wouldn't suit me to well." She said. The barmaid returned with her drink and Bethany flashed her a winning smile. "Thank you." She said before taking the drink and drinking deeply.

"So, Sieg, what are your plans out here? Travel around, help the common folk and kill that wonderlust? Or are you planning on taking on some mercenary work." She asked, more out of curiousity than anything. She wasn't looking to start up another mercenary band. After the last time, she'd decided sticking to simple work and staying out of all the trouble up north was the best way to avoid being taken captive again. "I will warn you, if you intend on going north keep your guard up. Asentari are a new popular prize up in Karcenak, and the slavers know how to spot us as easily as we spotted eachother."

Vala
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Parius on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:08 am

Red scales, eh?" Sieg knew that their more....dragon like aspects took a multitude of forms. She asked him if he had unlocked his seal yet. "No, not yet. i know how, I just need to get stronger. It takes quite a bit out of you, if my teacher's are correct." He smiled at Mercy pointing out the bandits. "Well then, maybe I should see where they live, and make absolutely sure that they don't come back here. Tracking them should be easy. I used to be a scout." 

He nodded. I will do that. Maybe even after i'm finished here." He breathed a sigh of relief. "Good. I don't need the Guard trying to bring me back." She asked him what his plans were. "Kill the wanderlust, mostly. I fight here and there." He patted Balmung. "Got to make sure I can still swing this thing, after all." She said about the north, and slavers. "I had no plans on the North. At least, not yet. But, when I do, I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks." 

Sieg finished his drink, and got up, stretching. "Well, I think I need to pay those bandits a visit." He looked back at her, and an idea sprung into his head. "Would you want to come with me? I'm sure the town would reward you, if that's the thing you're after." He picked up Balmung, and re-attached it to his back.

Links to Apps In Spoiler
Spoiler:

Parius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Vala on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:59 am

Bethany smiled at his intention to fully deal with the problem bandits. "Now thats what i like to see, someone with the balls to finish the job they started." She downed half the tankard, before continuing.  "Good. Last thing you want is to end up in Karcenak. Trust me." She said. She lifted her glass, and caught a glance of her reflection in it. She seemed to drift somewhere else for a moment, but then she snapped back to the now, and downed the last of the tankard. Sieg finished his drink and went to make a move. He was about to leave when he haulted and asked her if she would want to help.

She hesitated for a moment, looking from Seig to the bar, and the barmaid who moved amoung the crowd. Continue to get drunk, or help out a potential ally. Before she could aswer, the door was kicked in, and a group of the bandits that had been there before shuffled in, along with a large fierce looking heanta who carried a sword to rival Balmung. Another, smaller heanta was with him, though this one was still taller than Bethany. "Where's the prick who thought they could interupt our business agreement and just walk away!" The Heanta snapped. The tavern fell silent. "Oh wow, what impeccible timing." She said with a laugh. "They came to you, now isn't that handy."

The heanta heard them and looked at her. "What was that, woman? Did you wan't to tell me something." The heanta asked, stalking towards them.  "Na, I wasn't talking to you." She said. "Well keep your mouth shut before I cut your tongue out." The heanta snarled.  "Ooh, I'm scared now." She stood up, and moved to Sieg's side. "I was going to ask some rediculous fee in exchange for my aide, Sieg. But I don't take kindly to threats, so I'll take you up on the offer, no charge." She said. The heanta moved towards her, reaching for her sword. "I'm going to kill you first." He snarled at her. "Oh well hay now, there's no rush. Lets take our time. Barmaid, bring me a bottle of wiskey. I'm not drunk enough yet." She said, turning away from the heanta. The barmaid, to Bethany's surprise snatched the closest bottle and threw it to Bethany. "The boss says its on the house if you get rid of them."

At that point the Heanta took a swing at her. The other one, and two of the men rushed Sieg. Bethany ducked the attack with relative despite only barely seeing it, and pulled the cork from the bottle with her teeth. She took a deep swig as she drew Vadjra with her other hand, and slashed at the heanta's arm as he recovered from his wild swing. She hit the wrist and he's grip slipped on the sword. Before she could continue, he moved back and was replaced by two bandits. The other heanta and his two bandits surrounded Sieg and tried to stab and slash him from various sides. The real threat here was the heanta. Humans we're nothing compared to the Northern demons. She took another swig and slashed a leg out from one of her attackers.  "Watch your back, Seig." She warned.

Vala
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down