Affiliates
free forum

ButtonGenerator.com

Unusual Encounters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Unusual Encounters

Post by Vala on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 am

Vala pointed at Fayla. "She's faster, but I was able to outrun it and I'm not far behind her in speed. I don't think it can be tamed, I don't have much experience with these kinds of animals, the only one I've been close to is a Magma mauler, and that one did not like me. this was similiar to a magma mauler though, large powerful forelegs, long tail and thick armored plates along its back.The difference is it was covered in thick black fur too. and it didn't live in lava." She explained the creature as best as possible. "It was angry just to see us, so shooting at it will definitely piss it off." She looked at Fayla who was thoughtful. "Don't get any wild ideas you. Your not riding it into battle." Vala said.

That was Fayla levels of crazy. "Anyway, if there's nothing else we should head to the thing's lair. It's not to far north, but we'll have to cut past the scouts. Lets see how competent you really are at sneaking Rexie." She said with a smile.

Thalbjorn snorted. "I'm not easily captured. I'd sooner force them to kill me than allow such a dishonorable thing to happen. However I used to be on Thassa's level, before I lost my arm. And I've simply had to adapt since." He said. "But likewise to you, Kronos. Just because you don't know how to reach Thassa when she's hiding doesn't mean your capture won't cause trouble. She's fond of you, Asentari." He went back to preparing for the coming fight.

Vala
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://asmir-doana.forumga.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:48 am

Fayla continued thinking while Rex inquired about who was faster between herself and Vala. In truth, Fayla had a bit more outright pace than Vala did, but the Heanta was more agile, meaning that in terms of combat speed they were evenly matched. Vala pointed this out to Rex, though either of them could outrun the creature they were contemplating using. It was called a Fenroc, a large canine that had armored plates on its back and large, muscled forelegs. It also had a long tail that ended in a bludgeon. Vala noticed Fayla thinking and knew what she was planning. The Eldari sighed in disappointment. "You're no fun. I reckon I could do it thought..." She trailed off again in thought. A new plan had formed in her head.

"I have another plan. If we lure it close enough to the camp, one of my Spectral Clones should be able to get him to attack it. I'll need to find a hidden vantage point though, because I can't move while I use them. What do you think?" It was the best idea she had, and it might actually work.

Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 am

Rex couldn't tell if he should be amused or a little bit scared that Fayla wanted to ride what it was that they intended to use and ride it into battle. Then Vala mentioned the scouts. The blond grinned at the new idea. That made the job a little less risky. But the problem was the camp. It was a nice open field...there was no hiding an approach there. Aside from a tree here or a tree there, but not enough to hide in a reasonable time.

"Sounds like a plan. Lead the way, Vala. There's not a lot to get into position...but you were able to get to it once before. How are we going to lure it? I'm quick on my feet too, but I'm also bleeding...how is that going to affect this little plan?" Granted, the blood should be stopping soon, it was a shallow cut. But he bled more than most due to his blood regenerating faster than normal too. He'd have to have a major artery to two cut before he'd bleed to death, and even that would be a slower death than anyone else.

Jun
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vala on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 am

Vala sighed and nodded. Another problem. "If it smells your blood It's likely to go straight for you. You could use that to lead it. Or Fayla could heal you if you want." She said. "That could be useful though. If Kronos can't heal himself, the Fenroc might go after him. Or we cause a few injuries in the ranks and cause a bit of chaos." She said. She looked at Fayla. "Your spectral clones should work, but we need to get you somewhere halfway between the camp and its lair so you can reach both places. We could smeer blood all over one of them, to use as bait." Vala said.

"Eitherway, we need to make some decisions and soon because they longer they have to prepare for us the harder this will be." Vala said. When everything was decided she started to move. Slipping past the scouts was easy enough, They were terrible at keeping quiet, making it easy to slip by when they were stumbling around. When they reached the outskirts of the Fenroc's lair she again looked at Fayla. "Alright, you get set up and send your clones here. Myself and Rex can smeer some blood on them, and then lure the thing out to you. Hit it in the face with something, and it'll probably be so pissed off it wont stop chasing your clones until you reach the camp. If it turns away, we'll try drive it back on track." Vala said. Then she patted her freind on the head. "Lets go kick some Dying sun ass!"

Vala
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 am

Fayla nodded at the new plan. "Yeah, putting blood on the clones should do it, as long as you stay out of the thing's sight." Fayla looked at Rex and nodded in acknowledgement. "You hopefully won't need to be fast, just quiet. Even if the Fenroc smells your blood, it shouldn't go after you unless it sees you, provided it's still chasing the girls." Fayla took out her bow and set off with Vala and Rex when it was all decided.

They soon found the trail to the Fenroc's lair, identifiable by the skeletons and rotting carcasses leading along a path of damaged foliage. Vala told Fayla to get in position for the plan, and Fayla slipped the two of them a fist bump. "Good luck. The girls will be here in a moment." Fayla retraced the path to the camp, and found a spot in a high tree with dense cover. "Alright, let's do this." Clasping her hands together in front of her chest as if praying, Fayla's eyes were suddenly completely green, and two copies of the Eldross appeared either side of her, in midair. They fell and landed below with a thump. One stood up, shoving the other one off her, and received a shove in return. "Knock it off you two!" Fayla hissed at them from above. "You've got a job to do!" The two girls pouted and ran off back to the Fenroc's lair.

The two clones reached where Vala and Rex were waiting. They grinned and high-fived Rex and Vala. "Hi! You asked for a pair of ass-whoopers? You got 'em! I'm One! The first clone bowed. "And I'm Two!" The second clone bowed too. One looked at Two and narrowed her eyes. "Copycat." Two sighed. "How many times do I gotta tell ya? We're both copycats!" One wore an expression of dramatic realization. "Oh yeah." She then turned to the Asentari and the Heanta. "So, what's the job?"

Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:46 am

Rex grinned. "I regenerate my blood supply faster than normal...so bleeding out on someone and leaving them for bait shouldn't be an issue." Then they were off. The scouts were...unusually not there. They were likely on the move then. When they got there, Rex waited for the clones. Once they did show up, he obliged the high five. When asked what the job was, Rex took off his sword. "I'm gonna smear a good amount of blood on the two of you. Then you're gonna lure a Fenroc to the Dying Sun's camp. While that thing messes up the place, Vala and I will get its commander. We'll go from there. Watch for Kronos though...I don't think he'll be able to do much against an alpha predator on his own, but he's good enough to rally the troops to fight against one." Assuming they had sufficient numbers, and they likely did.

And so he went about smearing that blood.

~

Kronos eased his horse into a walk. They had to stop earlier for him to wash his wound and bandage it up a little. He'd forgotten to do it sooner at the camp...but maybe the adrenaline hadn't worn off. They eased up on top of a hill, likely the same one that Rex had travelled. It was a decent view. It was getting dark too. Not like it mattered. Still, his heat vision was still going to be good.

When he activated it, he saw nothing out of the ordinary. After couple of minutes, he saw something. Two red dots running towards the camp. There was two of them. Grinning, he simply waited for the signal. Only to see a much larger red mass following them. Eyes widening, he broke the horse into a dead run back to camp, the others following suite. "What's wrong?"

Gritting his teeth, Kronos snarled. "Those fuckers lured a god damn Fenroc to us!" He just hoped their commander stayed alive or not get captured in the commotion....

Jun
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2